CZ-6 Discrimate

Silversmith45

Elite Member
Is there any way to do a factory reset on a CZ-6? Mine has suddenly lost the discrimation and has knobs instead of a button to turn on. Most you can hold the button down but this isn't made that way.

I just recently acquired a CZ-6a and was told that the CZ-6a is the same as the CZ-5 but without a speaker. Here's a PDF of the CZ-5 manual. There may be something helpful in the manual. http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/manuals/CZ-5opmanual_002.pdf

I have the same manual. It's the same without a speaker. They used to sell a speaker as an add on. I have had mine for several years without a problem and it is one of my favorite detectors. It worked fine the last time I used it but suddenly it now won't pick up anything on the '6' setting and it is like all metal on the other settings.

There is no factory reset. It doesn't save settings. The plastic knob is over a metal one with splines. On my CZ5, the plastic knob cracked and slips out of lineup with settings.

There is no factory reset. It doesn't save settings. The plastic knob is over a metal one with splines. On my CZ5, the plastic knob cracked and slips out of lineup with settings.

My plastic knob was cracked as well, so after loosing the set screw I removed the metal one with the spines, applied some Super Glue to the spines and slipped the cracked plastic knob back on to it in the correct position and let the glue dry. Afterward, I placed the knob back on the shaft and tightened the set screw. It works great now!

beephead

Back
Top Bottom