Picked up a F19

XXJIMBOXX

Hi all havnt been here in quite awhile, I noticed the F19's went on sale and I couldn't resist buying one. I used to have a G2 and sold it for an AT Pro. I missed the G2 and wanted to try the fisher version. I already seen a difference in the test garden. Its deeper then the AT Pro in my highly mineralized soil down here in New Mexico I think its deeper then the G2 as well, im not sure about the G2+ ive never had one of those . Im purty sure the higher frequency machines are better in my soil???!! If anyone could shine in on that subject it would be appreciated. I wont be able to do a hunt for awhile do to a neck injury. Grrrrr I hate being injured.... Happy Hunting all.

Jim,

I owned one before, but sold it -- as I've decided I'm going to try the Equinox.

I sold it in favor of an Equinox NOT because it wasn't a very capable unit, it just wasn't being used enough, whereas I think the Equinox will be used a bit more. I used the F19 for relic hunting, but don't get that many chances to relic hunt, so it sat, most of the time, while I was out deep coin hunting. I think the Equinox will be a good-enough coin hunter, AND ALSO a very capable relic hunter, so I'm thinking it will be a better fit for me, and how I hunt. It will likely get used more often than the F19 did for me personally.

That said, I think the F19 is a VERY good machine. I had a Gold Bug Pro before it, which is a VERY similar unit. While I don't think it's any deeper than the Pro was, it's PLENTY deep, especially in all-metal mode. It does a nice job of IDing to respectable depths; in my Oklahoma red dirt, it IDs coins accurately to deeper depths than most any machine I've used, except for Minelab FBS units. It's a very "precise" machine -- in that it's fast, and separates well. It's a fun machine to use, and I think you'll really like it. And it's being sold now for an EXCELLENT price. I think you have done well to pick one up. I think you'll enjoy swinging it; there's a good but of "fun" factor when hunting with this machine, IMO.

Congrats on the new unit; hope your health allows you to get out swinging it before too long.

Steve

I liked the pitch audio, good clear screen and it was nice and light, used it mostly on ploughed ground.
Didn't like the way iron volume was linked to the 0-40 range, if you had tone break set to say 30 and iron volume on low, the volume on a good target reading 35 would also be low and easily missed.
Mine was 2nd hand and came with a nel hunter coil, it was very poor on depth, dime size coins at best 5" in my soil, and separation / recovery was also poor, maybe down to the coil though.

Here's a vid i done showing the folly of using preset tone break 40.
https://youtu.be/pHUmIPNFp1k

Another vid on nail -coin.
https://youtu.be/FuAgx2Dyj2w

Thanks for the replies .... @Ghound , wow very interesting Videos Im definitely going to test that out here shortly. That's definitely strange, as far as depth I dug a couple coins out of the neighbors lawn this evening, since my lawn is clean lol, it was hitting real deep for sure. I wonder if you had one of the early units? Im not sure about that nail test but will definitely report back honestly about my results I will try to do a video of it as well. HH Jim...

Im also eyeing the Equinox I plan on waiting to see the first release reports and deciding after that. The multi frequency machines have always intrigued me......HH

Back
Top Bottom