United States Cartridge Co. Short .32 rimfire?

PSAAP

I did some research and I think what I have is a USC co .32 cal short rimfire. I also didn't know if any one had date ranges on the production life of this cartridge. The site where I found it looks like 1840s-1870s based on other material so I was assuming it was probably made and used in between those years, but didnt know if there was a more specific date.

I might want to add photos...

I hear they help

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 151
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 155
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 155
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 151
According to Wikipedia, the .32 rimfire was developed by S&W in 1860. It stopped being produced in 1941 when the US entered WWII.

I'm no expert, but I haven't seen in my Google search where US Cartridge Company made a .32 rimfire round. They did make a .32 center/central fire round.

The closest caliber that I saw that they made in rimfire was a .30 pistol round. If you have access to a set of calipers, you might compare specs with that cartridge.

I can find some, but where might I find the measurments for a .30cal rimfire? or information about what USC co produced? If it is a general google search then I will run across it, but I thought you might know of a specific website I should be looking at.

I think what you have is a US Cartridge Co. .38 rim fire.
Accurate caliper measurements will need to be made to confirm.

Attachments

• .38 us cartridge.jpg
    .38 us cartridge.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 103
Measurements

Rim Diameter at 9.5 mm, diameter just above the rim 8.7 mm and, length 14.5 mm which looking at the measurements I can find seems like it is a .32 caliber, but it is unclear. I will put in a query to the Winchester Collector Historian and report back.

Back
Top Bottom