• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Brass plates but for what?

texasmustang

These items are out of place with most items I am finding on this site at the ranch and I found them in seperate locations about 6" down. I thought they were part of electrical something, but do not think there was electrical power to this site ever. Any ideas?

Attachments

• unknown item.JPG
    unknown item.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 273
Hello Texasmustang - Nice find. That is definitely an old clock part. See pic. We found this at an 1880's homestead also with no electricy. I am thinking maybe it is part of an alarm clock.

Ours is engraved "Waterbury Clock Co USA". There is lots of stuff on the internet about this company, check your piece under a glass you may find similar lettering.

C9

Attachments

• B 102111 Waterbury Clock Pc.jpg
    B 102111 Waterbury Clock Pc.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 227
Mucho Gracias

Ya'll were so right! I cleaned the plates up better and found marks on both. Smaller plate has circular mark "New Haven trade mark" with star in center and pat'd 1897. Larger plate says Waterbury Clock Co. And to think I was planning on chunking these! Thanks again, Cathy in Texas

Attachments

• Waterbury Clock Co..JPG
    Waterbury Clock Co..JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 193
Ya'll were so right! I cleaned the plates up better and found marks on both. Smaller plate has circular mark "New Haven trade mark" with star in center and pat'd 1897. Larger plate says Waterbury Clock Co. And to think I was planning on chunking these! Thanks again, Cathy in Texas

No worries, glap to help. We clean most all brass and copper pieces dug...sometimes the find ain't found till ' ya get home!

HH C9

Back
Top Bottom