Learning curve?

Arkansas hunter

Hello everyone

I am def a newbie....I got a deal on a Garrett GTI 1500....For anyone out there how long did it take you to learn it....I was mding today in my yard I tried all the different modes....coin, relic, jewelry and zero. I kept on getting coin signals but it would jump from coin to lower end signal....when you find a coin will it stay steady on the coin?... i would get signals swinging one way junk then other way coin. It's kind frustrating!!!! I would get penny dings and pinpoint it and it would not be penny sized dig some and it would be a pipe!!!.....what sensitivity and thresh would yall recomend? :?:

The GTI series has a turn-on and go feature for coinshooting, you should start by getting out and swinging the coil. You can learn the advanced features later.

every machine just takes time to get used to it. start off using known coins and varying depths so you can get a feel for how it does. then go after real targets!

i would guess my mxt took me almost two years to completely understand - and it still throws me for a loop on occasion.....

VDI accuracy will loose with depth. It's like playing a game of darts, the farther you throw the arrow (the signal), the less chance of it landing on a bulls eye.

As for as threshold, turn it up to wear its an audible hum.

Sensitivity, crank it up until it chatters (makes noise while the coil is in the air), and then back it down some.

Pinpointing. Coin sized objects will pinpoint smaller than say a pop can. It's always good to pinpoint in a X pattern.

I had a GTA ultra 1000, it was a good coinshooter, but loved nails!

Good luck and hh!

Last edited:
I dont have your machine but

for my main machine it took me a good 6 weeks of several times a week MDing before I really got to understanding the machine. I knew I was learning it when I went back over the sites I had previously hunted and pulled a plethora more coins from them!

Book learning is good, but swing learning is best! Problem with swing learning is finding sites that have enough good targets besides the usual trash to keep you interested long enough to learn your machine! Once you learn it you will enjoy it so much more!

Back
Top Bottom