• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

The new"Viper" underwater metal detector-Good or Bad ?

huffy

Hi guys,thanks for the input on my other post,I guess your right, if I slip and fall in the water there goes the Whites I bought.What I did was buy one of those new Viper underwater metal detectors.I can't even find a review about them.They are Chinesse made and only $299.I figured I would try one out and see how it goes.I will keep this site up to date on if they are junk or not.

Does anyone out there have one or know anything about them ?

Huffy

In your other post where you asked about the Viper you wanted to know if anyone owned them and I said my ex employee did...

When you turn it on it doesn't have a pleasant sounding tone, it sounds like a mosquito flying around ... He wanted to water detect like me and he never found anything but trash although he did find a dime but it was only 2 inches down...

Some businesses will tell you what you want to hear and push a detector that they either have a lot of or they don't sell.

I tell new posters if they can't afford a specific detector either wait until you can or downsize your choice a little but try to buy name brand.

There are a lot of knowledgeable posters here who will not steer you wrong.

Dealer cost about 68.00. Retail should be about 150.00. There is no way that this detector is a 1000.00 unit by any stretch of the imagination. Sorry but it's not very good. Not bashing here , stating a fact. :(

I have the Cobra, junk! Made buy same company and as Tony stated , yeah 68.00 and I got jacked for 600.00. :mad:

Cfmct-PI said:
Rail... yeah but the cobra at least looks cool  ;)
Does look cool but nothing interchanges and everything is sealed.
It is ok on water but land is way off.

Back
Top Bottom