Question on ground and coins

John S

This place I have been hunting it is where a house was and they tore it down. The ground is funny , it is very hard to pick up a coin signal . I have been hunting for 15 yrs and never see this before. I have used 3 difference type detectors with little coils. Normally on a coin you get a high tone beep and when come back over the coin you get another beep ( like a cz 5 or mxt detector).. But on the ground all you get is a like a 1/4 of a beep and that is all you will get and the coin may only be 2" down. It is like a one was signal. Have any of you had this happen ????

NO I live in SE TX.. It is like the detectors will not pick the coin up very good. Like maybe the ground is bad some how?? And I know it is not the detectors I have used a cx5, 3D, f75, and a mxt.

Overkill???

I would try lowering my sensitivity and pre amp a lot. Even at reduced settings, you should still be able to find coins up to 4-5" deep. It sounds like you have 3 issues: Bad ground (mineralisation), Disturbed ground (never good for any machine), and finally, lots of mixed up junk from the house. It seems less power would be what you want along with a small coil. After searching the area once, I'd turn up the sensitivity a bit and do it over again (maybe from a different direction too). Good luck and keep us updated.

Back
Top Bottom