Silver ring and owner located!

Swepty

Well here's the story.

Tonight was my daughters turn to go "Treasure Hunting" with Daddy.

We hit the usual umbrella row in front of our condo with little success, pull tabs and beer cans. So we decided to hit umbrella row next door. Same results until the Ace250 pinged back a "Dime". My daughter dug it up in the sand scoop and she yelled it's a ring daddy! My first Beach ring!

It was a silver James Avery kids size ring with a cut out of a cross in the middle. Cool deal!

Rejuvenated, off we went down the beach and over to a tiki hut/bar thing on the beach. Figured I'd find some loose change there. We did locate a quarter but that was it. There was a group of 13-15 kids kind of next too us and one of the girls yelled out, "what are you doing?". I yelled back, looking for lost treasure, LOL

So they ran over and wanted to see what we found so far, I pulled out the pull tabs, bottle caps and wing nut, then reached in my keeper pocked and pulled out the ring. I swear, this part was hilarious. In unison after seeing the ring all 4 girls yelled, "that's Casey's ring!"

I was like ok here we go, well Casey was a 10 year old girl and she came running over and I asked her to describe the ring and she hit it right on the money. Plus her mom walked over and confirmed it. I passed it off and she was jumping around in the sand.

Her mom told me it "flew off" when she was trying to take it off before digging earlier that day and pointed to the exact area I found it.

Last but not least it was Casey's birthday today and they were just about to head up and cut the cake and ice cream.

How cool is that!

I asked that they e-mail me a picture and they agreed, of course nobody had a pen or paper, so between the 6 people that were there, I think they got my e-mail memorized. We'll see if I get a picture or not.

That is awsome. You have made a kids day that she will never forget. That is more valuable then that ring. Hope that someone returns the favor!

It was very neat and i was glad to see the ring back on the owners hand.

I was a little disappointed at first, i really wanted to keep my first beach ring. I'm new to MDing and I'm really enjoying it. I've been on vacation since May 31st and that was the first thing other than change that I've found. Don't get me wrong i was glad it was returned and having my daughter witness that was priceless!

Just an update, I never got an e-mail with the picture. Ohh well

Serves me right, bring a camera...

thats a great story .just today i was working and talking to someone about MDing and a women said what can you find ? i told her if its metel it can be found . so she told me a story of her daughter at age 5 had lost a necklace with a special medalion on it in the woods behind her house . so she asked me to come by some time and see if i could find it . sure why not ..well her daughter is in her late 40s now so wont it be great if i can find it ? hope i do and cant wait to see her face... good going on the honesty !!!everything happens for a reason and it will come back to you in time ,maybe a gold coin!! josh NH

Back
Top Bottom