For Those Interested in the Civil War

Man that was awesome , thanks so much for sharing , who would have even thought some of those guys lasted as long as they did , really enjoyed your post .

Thanks for sharing that was very neat. It's funny how time lines work. The last veteran died when memorial cents were being struck. Heck there are still people out there that can say my dad was in the civil war, now that's crazy.

That was really interesting... and it's really strange to think what all those men must have seen. Thanks for posting.

Thank's

I love everything about the Civil War. This was a great pictorial you did. Great work. You look at the men , how old they are, Then you think of them in there late teens and 30"s Charging up or defending Little round top, sweeping trough the Devils den. Giving the Rebel yell. Amazing, Thank's.

Cool pics, I was hoping to see my GG-Grandfather. He was a GAR member until his death in 1939, he still has the GAR marker and his Civil War info on his tombstone. He must have been proud of his service as he even received a military burial when he died in 39'. It's amazing that some of the guys even lived past his ripe old age of 93' and well into the 1950's. A lot of the guys even look very old in the 1880 reunion picture, there must have been a lot of old guys in the ranks during the war.

Notice how most don't seem to smile, especially when the old Rebs met the old Yanks?

I've heard it was Victorian etiquette to keep a straight lip in photos unlike today when most people smile. If you look at most old pictures almost no one is ever smiling.

Back
Top Bottom