• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

"Diggers" damage control

itsaring!

24K Larry
Forum Supporter
I think "Diggers" is going to wind up being the nail in the detecting coffin. I was at the beach. This lady is in a competition they were having at the beach. Supposedly partially sponsored by the surfer chick who lost her arm to a shark. Well she comes up to me as she was waiting to run. Asks me about detecting, what I find, etc. Then the "Diggers" BS comes into the conversation. She says she tried watching it on television. It's the only exposure she's had as far as metal detecting is concerned. She says she couldn't watch it because of how crazy they act. Breaking tree limbs, rolling around, etc.:shock:
So I tell her those two nimrods aren't metal detectorists. We have a code of ethics we follow. And how they are hunting places we aren't even allowed to hunt legally. Told her she should see the bashing those two nuts take on metal detecting forums. We wouldn't roll around and tear limbs off of trees in parks, etc. She said "That's good to know!" Somebody care to slap KG and Ringy for me NAT GEO:?: I got a hammer that will make you roll around:laughing:

Diggers is a festering wound to the hobby. But, unfortunately, these freaks are the only exposure that many have to MD.

That said they are heads above Savage.... i mean he used a BACK HOE once before asking the owner of the property. Hey.... i have a fit everytime i find a gold ring....... roll around, do a happy dance, and swear i walk on water.

Dew

I think garrett gave up on these fools already,I just threw it on a few mins ago and looks like their atpros are a few "nectar sectors" away from snapping in half.. If not, then they should drop em

I think garrett gave up on these fools already,I just threw it on a few mins ago and looks like their atpros are a few "nectar sectors" away from snapping in half.. If not, then they should drop em

I made sure when I moved and had cable installed it didn't offer Natgeo. Lady couldn't figure out why I made sure Natgeo was disabled:laughing:

I've had very similar conversations with people on the beach!! I try to explain to them our chosen hobby has nothing to do with any of those shows and the good we do cleaning up dangerous stuff!

Why anyone wastes their time watching those made for TV shows is beyond me... I have never seen one of them... if people watch them and support them then they shouldn't be upset if we all lose our ability to enjoy our hobby... those shows give the archies all the ammo they need to help the bureaucrats create new laws...

Bad Rap

Guess they do the crazy to hype up the show, all that I know is they dig a very sloppy plug, and never show them covering the hole back up , putting the plug back than steeping the roots back in the ground, so I guess people think , if they let us dig in there yard, we will leave holes , and plugs every ware, not good , Garrett is keeping this show alive for Atpro sales, otherwise it's not good for us, Earl

Why anyone wastes their time watching those made for TV shows is beyond me... I have never seen one of them... if people watch them and support them then they shouldn't be upset if we all lose our ability to enjoy our hobby... those shows give the archies all the ammo they need to help the bureaucrats create new laws...

To be honest. I think Natgeo has someone ther actually trying to get detecting banned. I know a while back one of those two on the show said the more people commented, the crazier they were gonna act. What the hell?

I think you answered the question of who really supports these programs and who gets them on air.
There has not been one show televised that hasn't been crazy or over the top. None ever mention ethics, proper techniques, or cover any basics. Hmm pretty good propaganda if you ask me.

Some will say, "oh that would be too boring" . So is Golf but they don't add any crazy spin to it.

Guess they do the crazy to hype up the show, all that I know is they dig a very sloppy plug, and never show them covering the hole back up , putting the plug back than steeping the roots back in the ground, so I guess people think , if they let us dig in there yard, we will leave holes , and plugs every ware, not good , Garrett is keeping this show alive for Atpro sales, otherwise it's not good for us, Earl

You are 100% correct. I recently met someone whose wife bought an ATP because of them. Its working for Garrett.

They have a forum that few of us have and they could do wonders for our hobby. Instead, they act like a couple of chimps on crack. Very disappointing.

And don't even get me started with the way those 2 guys talk:

"silv in the pock", "roundness in the hole", "nectar".

There are a few guys on this forum that use some of those terms. Makes me want to puke. ("Hannibal Nectar" not included - that user name is hilarious :laughing:) I've told more than 1 person who has brought up the show that no real detectorists talk like that or act like that.

If anyone I was hunting with talked or acted like that, I'd have to slap them silly :laughing:

I think you answered the question of who really supports these programs and who gets them on air.
There has not been one show televised that hasn't been crazy or over the top. None ever mention ethics, proper techniques, or cover any basics. Hmm pretty good propaganda if you ask me.

Some will say, "oh that would be too boring" . So is Golf but they don't add any crazy spin to it.

This is true. Lizard lick towing, hardcore pawn,etc. You talk like that in Detroit to a customer in a pawn shop I don't think I'd leave the building to go home. Just live upstairs. It's all acting:no:

I remember when I first came across these guys on treasuredepot like 10 years ago, I think thats how they met btw.. They both always seemed a little off to me by reading their posts.. couldnt have been more wrong, theyre completely off their rocker not a little :lol:

Larry, I had a guy grab me out of the water today to ask all about water hunting and said he had an ATpro cause the show and said it doesn't seem to work in the water,,,,I explained to him that it does, just not salt water and he is better off getting rid of it,,,,oh, the look on his face,,,,,I mean, it gives false hopes and big advertising,,,GL HH

I get asked all the time If I watch diggers, etc. I have ran into a few people genuinely interested in the hobby that were put off by their excess verbage an behavior. I am surprised that amish mafia is still running, and ten times more that diggers is still running. -Joe

I think "Diggers" is going to wind up being the nail in the detecting coffin. I was at the beach. This lady is in a competition they were having at the beach. Supposedly partially sponsored by the surfer chick who lost her arm to a shark. Well she comes up to me as she was waiting to run. Asks me about detecting, what I find, etc. Then the "Diggers" BS comes into the conversation. She says she tried watching it on television. It's the only exposure she's had as far as metal detecting is concerned. She says she couldn't watch it because of how crazy they act. Breaking tree limbs, rolling around, etc.:shock:
So I tell her those two nimrods aren't metal detectorists. We have a code of ethics we follow. And how they are hunting places we aren't even allowed to hunt legally. Told her she should see the bashing those two nuts take on metal detecting forums. We wouldn't roll around and tear limbs off of trees in parks, etc. She said "That's good to know!" Somebody care to slap KG and Ringy for me NAT GEO:?: I got a hammer that will make you roll around:laughing:

And don't even get me started with the way those 2 guys talk:

"silv in the pock", "roundness in the hole", "nectar".

There are a few guys on this forum that use some of those terms. Makes me want to puke. ("Hannibal Nectar" not included - that user name is hilarious :laughing:) I've told more than 1 person who has brought up the show that no real detectorists talk like that or act like that.

If anyone I was hunting with talked or acted like that, I'd have to slap them silly :laughing:

If I see a thread topic with anything even resembling their retarded vocab I refuse to click on it. I don't care if you discovered Eldorado, I won't click.

Sorry, but IMO this is a hobby that I would prefer not having too much exposure and definitely not the likes of Savage or these guys.

Let them use the thing. Its not tuned for gold, its tuned for silver. And they market it as a salt water beach machine...we all know that they leave lots of goodies behind there lol. hh an gl -Joe

You are 100% correct. I recently met someone whose wife bought an ATP because of them. Its working for Garrett.

Back
Top Bottom