World War II - Golden Pilot's Class Ring - Freeman Field Indiana

ex_libris

Dear fellow hunters,

A friend of me found this 10k golden ring in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. It was found a few miles from the landing place where the 101st Airborn division landed on 17 september 1944 because of Operation Market Garden. Can anyone help me identify this ring?

The texts on the ring:

Front: United States Army, Air Force
Side 1: Pilot
Side 2: Freeman field SEA FTC(?) and Prepare for Combat

IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0023.jpg

IMAG0025.jpg

Here are all the pics I made of the ring:

https://plus.google.com/photos/105837108022563648969/albums/5886105319597543361?authkey=CLPppsfupIu8Lg

Last edited:
Southeast Air Corps Training Center is an inactive United States Air Force unit. It was assigned to the Army Air Forces Training Command, stationed at Maxwell Field, Alabama. It was inactivated on 15 December 1945.

So it has to be World War II.

That ring is absolutely f'n GORGEOUS!. It's worth at least an attempt at a return, but if not, I wouldn't lose any sleep if it wound up in my display case. I would NEVER melt that one down.

The U.S. Airforce was formed in 1947. Prior to that the U.S. Army Aircorp was our flyers. The ring is not WWII based on the dates. Although it shows older planes, the construction looks newer. Just some thoughts.... Top U.S. Army Retired.

The U.S. Airforce was formed in 1947. Prior to that the U.S. Army Aircorp was our flyers. The ring is not WWII based on the dates. Although it shows older planes, the construction looks newer. Just some thoughts.... Top U.S. Army Retired.

Not sure how you come to this conclusion. The U.S. Army Air Forces ceased to exist in 1947 when they became the U.S. Air Force. The Southeast Air Corps Training Center ceased to exist in 1945. By these indicators alone, the ring appears to be of WWII vintage.

Impressive! Plus it's a nice reminder of our shared past, congratulations to your friend! Thanks for sharing.

What an exceptional find! Another one of those artifacts that we wish could tells its story. You will have a hard time topping this find. Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom