Funniest Mistakes

air testing targets with my wrist-watch, at least I noticed it soon when I was getting brutal depth on a tiny target :D

I know this is an old thread but I've got a good one.

After searching and searching a hole after losing a solid signal I just gave up and moved to the next target.

Once I started to dig the next target I noticed a nickle stuck in the mud that was caked up on the top of my digger!

Digging a 3ft deep hole in my backyard. I missed my target and kept digging and hit a pipe. That is when I found some sort of bones, maybe a horse. Funniest part is I ended up digging to the pipe again in several other areas of my yard!

Digging a 3ft deep hole in my backyard. I missed my target and kept digging and hit a pipe. That is when I found some sort of bones, maybe a horse. Funniest part is I ended up digging to the pipe again in several other areas of my yard!

I don't think that's a mistake, curiosity is a gift

Thanks it worked well when I was a Special Investigator..PI.

always welcome Mama2Twins, for some people curiosity can cause terrible headaches at night if we remember a deep hole we didn't dig to the end, so let's investigate! :keeporder:

by the way, happy new year

climbed a hill that was 500+ feet almost straight up to hunt a CW camp...5 minutes after getting up there, batteries died & the spares were still in the truck.
Yuk.......see ya yardhunter

I just read this post and realized I am making one of these mistakes! :laughing:

I have a pair of boots by the front door that I like to slip on when I run outside for a minute. Well since I am just detecting the yard right now I have just been slipping on these boots! I just realized as I read this post that my boots are steel toed! :shock::laughing:

Guess I'll be slipping the tennis shoes on when going out to hunt from now on!

I just read this post and realized I am making one of these mistakes! :laughing:

I have a pair of boots by the front door that I like to slip on when I run outside for a minute. Well since I am just detecting the yard right now I have just been slipping on these boots! I just realized as I read this post that my boots are steel toed! :shock::laughing:

Guess I'll be slipping the tennis shoes on when going out to hunt from now on!

there are some cool fiber toed boots in the market, I use a great army pair

always welcome Mama2Twins, for some people curiosity can cause terrible headaches at night if we remember a deep hole we didn't dig to the end, so let's investigate! :keeporder:

by the way, happy new year

Happy New Year!

I scratched my ace 250 screen while pulling my lesche out of its sheath. The ace was beside me crouching on the ground and I stabbed the sharp point into the screen. Other problem is running into overhead play equipment by either lack of attention or standing back up into something.

My funniest mistake was going to the beach and detecting. I'd find a quarter here...then a dime there (within the same 3 square feet). I'd find another quarter here and another dime...It took about 10 minutes to realize I had holes in my swimming trunk pockets were I was pocketing my finds. They'd just fall back into the sand and I'd find them over and over and over again. Here I thought I was making a killing!

LOL....now thats funny :laughing:

Still new at this, but several times I dig the plug and there is nothing there...only to have the Propointer SCREAMIN at the surface of the plug...:laughing:

Some people do that

Still new at this, but several times I dig the plug and there is nothing there...only to have the Propointer SCREAMIN at the surface of the plug...:laughing:

When SOME people don't use a pinpointer they don't check the surface first and just dig the plug. I see it a lot on videos. Since you have a propointer you are good to go :)

i was hitting this park for the first time got there got out all my gear !!!! nothing to dig with.had to run back home. by the time i got back it started to rain, only got to hunt about 10 min. befor getting raind out

i was hitting this park for the first time got there got out all my gear !!!! nothing to dig with.had to run back home. by the time i got back it started to rain, only got to hunt about 10 min. befor getting raind out
That sucks! :(

Back
Top Bottom