Local research

Spartan84

Explorer
Forum Supporter
Facebook can be a great tool if you can find the right group. Found a group for my town and asked where the old local swimming holes where. Now some I already knew, but a few where surprises. Needless to say I have a few spots lined up.

Attachments

• 8B4F4F80-C8BD-4D0A-8275-8A28EAA076C7.jpg
    8B4F4F80-C8BD-4D0A-8275-8A28EAA076C7.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 305
Facebook can be a great tool if you can find the right group. Found a group for my town and asked where the old local swimming holes where. Now some I already knew, but a few where surprises. Needless to say I have a few spots lined up.

That's such a good idea! Might have to get back on the 'book to try some different angles.

Its a very good strategy! When I hit an unfamiliar town...I zoom around with the satellite view.....I find an old school, cemetery, RR tracks, millpond etc...and then find the nearest swimming water...

downstream from the RR bridge over any little old creek has been an informal swimming hole for years...the creek never leaves the bed there downstream...

Any thing you can use to narrow down this huge Planet for hunting spots is helpful! Especially in America, where its only been inhabited by metal droppers for a relatively short time...coupla hunnerd years and in some towns a lot less than that...

But yeah, you gotta find the old swimming holes if you can! Folks didnt have AC! Not even in the 60's! So yeah...Super huge good thing to ask around and hear the stories!

Back
Top Bottom