Some more CT shiny silver for the Silver Bandit!

Silver Bandit

Forum Supporter
Hunted a bit yesterday with Captain Silver and Ferrous Bueller. We all got skunked so Bruce and I had a re-do today! Hit a couple of older school yards and we both brought home some goodies. I ended up with a small pile of wheats, a sweet ornate button, and a pair of shiny Mercs!! I also dug about $5 in quarters. They were everywhere. Fun hunt! On to the next!
78c88bf00d2e90668bd555e7af09f104.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given the number of CT diggers I'm surprised there is anything left! Congrats on the silvers and other finds.

I do have a decent track record of choosing likely places to find silver:lol: and you almost always get the coil over some Jason:yes: Good job on the Mercs today!

congrats on the hunt!!!! im in SE CT what part of CT r u from?? i just got into M.D. and would appreciate a point in the right direction if u dont mind lol

Congrats on some nice finds. Great job on the Mercs. Nice to finish up the year still yanking silver out at the end.

congrats on the hunt!!!! im in SE CT what part of CT r u from?? i just got into M.D. and would appreciate a point in the right direction if u dont mind lol

Hey goldendreams, I feel your pain! Its a relatively small state and trust me there is a lot of dirt diggers. All public places, parks, schools, beaches. On and on have been hit hard many times. I trudge through the woods and down trails. Along creeks and certain old stone boundry walls and places overgrown. I still dig old silver n copper coins. Out of 2-3 rough hunts I get about 2. Also a few cool artifacts or mystery pieces. It took a few years to learn, well over 1k in gear and a good understanding in my detector.
The hunt is where the joy of this hobby lies. Even if the guys tell you right where to go your going to dig pull tabs and bottle caps all day. Coins left in parks are masked by iron. There's a lot to learn.
Not trying to discourage anyone. That's just the reality of dirt fishing. Try the schools and parks nearest your home and learn the sounds of clad coins. That's how good hunters learn and where its best to start.
Have fun and good luck. And for old coins, think who and what may have been here 100 or more years ago when you look at a possible site to hunt. Maybe that strip of woods behind your house? Alongside your church? Its a hunt.

Another successful outing Jason. Your going to move up to those parts just to hunt with the Captain and be his first mate. Together you guys strike fear in all the grounds around that area, the ground just knows you will take its goodies. Congrats on the Merc's and all the rest. Jack

Back
Top Bottom