Closed 2015 with a Bang!!! Better take a "Seat"

JNimons

Forum Supporter
Little bit of a late start this morning waiting for it to dry out. Decided to hunt my #2 field. Got to the field at 10 am. It was slow going. Field was not in a giving mood. Found some odds and ends, but I wanted Silver today!

Headed back to the car at 1 pm, ate lunch and headed to my go-to field. Dug a couple of Buffalo nickels. About 4 pm I get into a corner of the field I haven't spent a lot of time in. Got a screaming high tone. you E-Trac users know what I'm talking about. You know...the signal that you swing your coil over about 20 times because it sounds so sweet!:laughing: The silver sound was there, but the numbers weren't. 10-40, 8-40, 5-40's, got a couple 10-45's. Wasn't sure what to expect honestly...I was pretty sure it was going to be shiny, but not positive. Get about 6 inches down, and theres the shiny, and its quarter size....Holy Moly...its a Seated Quarter. Couldn't believe it!!! It is worn really thin, and it got hit by a plow and is bent. I'm sure that why I didn't get quarter numbers.

Also dug a little clad, an old comb, What I think is a harmonica reed piece, 2 rivets that still have leather around them. I'm guessing from horse harness, A cool little button, has writing on it but I can't read, and a couple items I have no idea about.

Was most likely my last time out for 2015. Put me at 35 silvers and 61 wheats. Can't wait to see what I can total in a full year next year!!

SEATED QUARTER BABY!!!! :thumbsup:

Not sure what this is, but it's got some fancy on it

Harmonica Reed pieces????

Rivets with leather still attached

No idea what this doo-hickey is

Wow john there's no stopping you right now ...i would buy a scratcher cause your on fire right now :yes: it seems you have come across some very old grounds and it paying off with your finds. I would spend the night out there lol awesome hunt!

You best be callin in sick tomorrow.
Awesome find

I wish Joe!!! Shorthanded this week, bunch of people on vacation. Not an option unfortunately!

Wow john there's no stopping you right now ...i would buy a scratcher cause your on fire right now :yes: it seems you have come across some very old grounds and it paying off with your finds. I would spend the night out there lol awesome hunt!

Thanks Jeff. Keep going back to that original field, and it keeps producing. 1/2 Reale last Sunday, Seated Quarter today. Really having to work at it now, but I know there is more good stuff to find there!

Sweet! Great way to finish off the year, Congrats! You've had some great finds this year, I hope 2016 starts right where you left off.

Thank you Ron...weather permitting we will find out Friday morning.

Congrats!! I wish I had old fields to hunt!

Thanks Vic. Different mind set from schools and parks, but I'm hooked!

Congrats on the Seated Quarter, Buffalos and the other digs...fine hunt!

Thank you Capt!!!!

Beautiful coin, congrats!

Thank you Jason!

I wish Joe!!! Shorthanded this week, bunch of people on vacation. Not an option unfortunately!

You know im gonna remind you again after you make another awesome find ;)
Keep at it though. There's lotsa treasures in them fields

Dude you suck. I went out today and all I got was cold. Who finds a Seated quarter in the last 2 hours of the season? You should be able to pack it in with a grin,what an outstanding finish. Mega props on that one!:grin:

Same year as my only seated qtr find this year too! :thumbsup:

You had a great year, John, considering you only hunted a fraction of the year!
Next year will be epic for you!

Congrats!

HH,
Dan

Man that's a killer score, congrats!

Thank you!

You know im gonna remind you again after you make another awesome find ;)
Keep at it though. There's lotsa treasures in them fields

:yes::yes:

Beauty! Same year as one of my 2 seateds. Congrats, great coin!

Thank you VT

Dude you suck. I went out today and all I got was cold. Who finds a Seated quarter in the last 2 hours of the season? You should be able to pack it in with a grin,what an outstanding finish. Mega props on that one!:grin:

Thanks Bud!! Appreciate it.

Same year as my only seated qtr find this year too! :thumbsup:

You had a great year, John, considering you only hunted a fraction of the year!
Next year will be epic for you!

Congrats!

HH,
Dan

Thank you Dan!

Very nice find.
Seems the wear on the coin was causing the etrac to read low.

This is where folks get into trouble trying to cherry pick based solely on the # s

Hope next year is as good or better for you

Very nice find.
Seems the wear on the coin was causing the etrac to read low.

This is where folks get into trouble trying to cherry pick based solely on the # s

Hope next year is as good or better for you

Thank You! You are so right about the cherry pickers. This coin, my seated half dime and my half reale all rang less then cherry numbers. Not to mention my Buffalos.

Back
Top Bottom