Long Frustrating Field Day Saved by Lady Liberty

JNimons

Forum Supporter
Got back to the farm field this morning. Got going about 8 am.....later then I wanted. I couldn't get going this morning!!! :compcoffee:

I swung from 8 am until 1 pm when I broke for lunch. My total for the morning was 6 pennies...1 wheat. :mad:

Ate lunch and headed back out. My cousin wanted me to check an area that he knew his father in law had at one time buried $$$. Went to the area, first signal is a screamer. Actually thought for a second it might be one of the mason jars!! Out pops Lady Liberty....Big Silver Baby!!!! :extrahappy:

That was the high light of the day. I crisscrossed a good portion of the fields looking for hot spots. I have a bad feeling that everything is really deep. Pulled a 6 to 7 inch zinc today. That can't be a good sign. A lot of places the ground is so soft it is almost like digging in sand. I'm not going to give up on the property as I know front the finds from the 2 previous hunts there is oldies to be found.

Found a .50ish caliber lead ball, along with some headstamps. What I believe to be another ox-knob. Different design and smaller then the others I have found though. Also found what I believe to be a very old broken eating utensil. Rang up really low. Pewter? Marking on it, but can't read them.

That was my day. Puts me at 34 Silver and 61 Wheats for the year. Tomorrow will be my last day hunting of 2015....Thanks for reading..

cleaned up. The reverse of the Walkers is so awesome!!!

Any ideas as to age?

Ox Knob?

She's a WHOPPER! Dang I wish I knew where to look for one of those. It always just takes ONE GOOD COIN to make the day. And THAT is a good coin!
Yaaaaahhtzeeeeee!:grin:

Kevin

Sweet Walker, she's a beauty.. Tommorrow could be it for warm hunts. Been nice so far but the cold is comming.. Bummer..

Great hunt John! Definitely an ox knob and that spoon looks colonial as well. Congrats on the big silver! HH

Thanks Jeff....nice job on the mercs and IH todays too....hope you feel better!

Nice big, old silver. Grats

Thank you Joe

Nice finds! That half dollar is awesome! Congrats.

Thank you Preacher!

Makes the hours of work feel much sweeter I bet. Nice find! Congrats.

thank you! At least it was in the middle of the day, not right at the very beginning!!!...lol

If that was you only Silver you dug a really nice one John. Congrats!! Jack

Thank you Jack!!!

Nice big silver John, Congrats!

Thanks Ron!!!

She's a WHOPPER! Dang I wish I knew where to look for one of those. It always just takes ONE GOOD COIN to make the day. And THAT is a good coin!
Yaaaaahhtzeeeeee!:grin:

Kevin

Thanks Kevin!!! You are so right...one silver coin can change your outlook on the day...But Big Silver....:egyptian:

Nice Walker and relics.

Sweet Walker, she's a beauty.. Tommorrow could be it for warm hunts. Been nice so far but the cold is comming.. Bummer..

Thank you!! A little rain overnight ,but supposed to stop and be 50's at sunrise!!! I'll be out!!! Not looking forward to the cold, but didn't think I'd still be detecting either.

That's a beauty for sure. You did a lot better than me on the hundred acres of woods I lumbered around today. Plenty of civil war activity in this area and I was completely skunked. Aside from old shotgun shell caps, I didn't find a darn decent item today. Oh well, can't win every time you go out.

Great find!!!!! You will remember this find. I remember when I found mine over a year ago.

Back
Top Bottom