FINALLY....Our first old coin!

MI Detectors

We(wife and I) have had these detectors for around 6 weeks,and today, at an old farm site, we finally dug a decent coin. It was the only coin of the day but we were excited nonetheless. We have dug tons of trash and old iron farm relics,and clad coins from parks, but this was our first old coin, 1889 Indian Head penny.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• indian head 002 b.jpg
    indian head 002 b.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 449
6 weeks in the hobby is pretty darn quick to get into the 1800s. I remember how stoked I was to get my first IH which was 1880 something too.

Now the bad news.... you will become obsessed with finding older coins and coin types you don't have yet.

6 weeks in the hobby is pretty darn quick to get into the 1800s. I remember how stoked I was to get my first IH which was 1880 something too.

Now the bad news.... you will become obsessed with finding older coins and coin types you don't have yet.

What he said...nice find! You do have to understand,now finding modern clad won't do.:yes:

Yes, congrats. I've been detecting for 3 years and I just hit the 1800s this year. First was an 1887 IH and then about 2 weeks later I hit an 1855 LC.

Great find and congrats again!!!

That's very cool, congrats on your first one. I'll never forget my first one as well as it was in my childhood yard where we had inadvertently found old relics in the garden when I was young. When I finally got a metal detector in 2005, I hit that yard hard and right by our shed popped out a 1787 Connecticut copper. I sat there stunned for at least a few minutes.

Back
Top Bottom