Couple firsts for me!

ChrisnAmanda1

Elite Member
Went to an old abandoned school site today and KILLED IT with coins!! At first I was a little let down by how much trash there was, and DEEP trash targets at that! But after moving over to the front of the school near an old pipe run off, I started finding all kinds of coins! Found my first ever Eisenhower Bicentennial dollar, my first Sacajawea dollar and a couple dimes and quarters ONE YEAR older than silver LOL. I bout lost my mind when the Eisenhower dollar popped out of the plug!! Best part is, we didnt even hit a fraction of the area we were at. Theres still a whole lot of snow on the ground so we only hit the small patches that were open. Definitely cant wait to get back out there!!

Attachments

• Dollar.jpg
    Dollar.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 430
  • 100_3610.jpg
    100_3610.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 403
Congrats on all the finds and the potential this school still holds and is ready to give it up!

I think thats what im more excited about than anything. I didnt even scratch the surface, and theres strong solid signals all over the place! Hoping to find a big Ben or some Liberty's there next!

Big old Ike. Very nice.
I want one.....

This is the first coin I have ever found that was actually cool LOL. I hunt mostly city parks and school yards, gold rings and silver rings were on my bucket list and I found both of those pretty quick, but making the decision to hunt this old abandoned school is what led me to this coin! My lady told me about this old school she knows about from when she was a kid, and that it has been abandoned since she was a kid. It's in a tiny town, literally takes about 5 seconds to drive through it, and the building itself is REALLY old. I haven't ever hunted anywhere like it. Every signal I got was some coin or another. I went earlier in the day and dug up a bunch of clad, but looking at the dates, not one of them was older than 1971. I had to go back and hunt a little more. Made my way over to the front of the building where an old run off pipe was sticking out and WHAM! Big old Ike! Funny part is none of the coins are any deeper than 3-4" in the ground. Im convinced Im one of the first people to hunt it.

You don't see a lot of Ike's posted and it's a neat find Sounds like you have a go to site that will provide targets for some time to come. Congrats! Trapper

You don't see a lot of Ike's posted and it's a neat find Sounds like you have a go to site that will provide targets for some time to come. Congrats! Trapper

Thanks! Yeah, Me and Amanda went back today for a couple hours, a lot more snow melted. On average, every time we go there we make about 3 dollars in clad, found a couple old quarters and dimes today, havent checked the dates yet cause they were so dirty so I have them in the tumbler now, but overall this place is definitely one of our favorites. Found an old bullet, a friendship pendant, and a handful of clad. And thats just the FEW spots we COULD hit! Cant wait for the snow to melt a little more!The crazy part is, most of the 60's quarters and dimes, even the Ike... they're all only a few inches deep, and there's clad EVERYWHERE! I dont think anyones ever hit this spot with a MD, at least not very well if they did!

Went to an old abandoned school site today and KILLED IT with coins!! At first I was a little let down by how much trash there was, and DEEP trash targets at that! But after moving over to the front of the school near an old pipe run off, I started finding all kinds of coins! Found my first ever Eisenhower Bicentennial dollar, my first Sacajawea dollar and a couple dimes and quarters ONE YEAR older than silver LOL. I bout lost my mind when the Eisenhower dollar popped out of the plug!! Best part is, we didnt even hit a fraction of the area we were at. Theres still a whole lot of snow on the ground so we only hit the small patches that were open. Definitely cant wait to get back out there!!

Congrats on the finds!

Are you from Montana originally? My wife is from there.

Congrats on the finds!

Are you from Montana originally? My wife is from there.

Thanks! Im not from Montana originally but my Fiance was born and raised here. She's the reason we have as many awesome old buildings and parks to go hunt! What part of Montana is your wife from??

Back
Top Bottom