Fisher Impulse AQ detector update

What I want to know is how could someone watch a few minutes of video and know what’s inside the detector (tech wise) or make such claims as they have.

Maybe these folks should be engineering detectors.lol

Yeah those posts above will be here. Maybe in time after the cat is really out of the bag with this detector as to its performance we can look back here and see if any genius was used or not.

So basically all detector engineers may as well quit. Go home. There is no way in the world an engineer could discover something to improve on or find something new vs what has already been engineered for folks to use on a salt water beach.

:lol::lol:

Why would these folks even be reading in this thread at all if this were so?

I may be wrong here. But if I read correctly this French gent named Alexandre showed his project early on to another engineer living in USA who I think is very familiar with TDI ops and other pi detector units. And seems what the USA based engineer witnessed got his attention and got it well. Hence he (Alexandre) was connected with the folks at First Texas. And the project was developed and refined even moreso.

Because I have used the TDI for quite a while, and the detector in the video discs just like a TDI has done for 10+ years. I can set up the ground balance knob to the right setting, then switch from gb off and gb on and it acts exactly like the AQ in the video.

In the end, my point when posting in this thread is that the AQ really isn't doing anything new in the video that they posted. Whites TDI has 2 tones to tell you high conductivity or low conductivity, Garrett Infinium/ATX does the same, and so do Minelab PIs. TDI was the only one (possibly Minelab PIs also) to allow you to hide the tone you dont want to hear (which Fisher is now doing and claiming it is the first discriminating PI).

Until I see the Fisher PI discing out bobby pins and bottle caps (which current PIs can't do), I'm sticking to it just being a copy of TDI/Eric Foster Technology. If that happens I will gladly admit I am wrong, and probably buy one.

Last edited:
Crum

The TDI is a nice machine , yes you know it well, i don't, however you never used a Manta , you can talk to your blue, ya never know, i am curious , and if it come's down better , and deeper than the TDI , so be it, all of us can cut a machine down in performance that's not out , i do like the Manta's look's, and if it happen's to perform on gold like i am hoping, i will be happy, no one here is cutting up on the TDI, Time , hunter's, user's will be reporting in , including me, on the Aqua Manta, happy hunting, Earl

Because I have used the TDI for quite a while, and the detector in the video discs just like a TDI has done for 10+ years. I can set up the ground balance knob to the right setting, then switch from gb off and gb on and it acts exactly like the AQ in the video.

In the end, my point when posting in this thread is that the AQ really isn't doing anything new in the video that they posted. Whites TDI has 2 tones to tell you high conductivity or low conductivity, Garrett Infinium/ATX does the same, and so do Minelab PIs. TDI was the only one (possibly Minelab PIs also) to allow you to hide the tone you dont want to hear (which Fisher is now doing and claiming it is the first discriminating PI).

Until I see the Fisher PI discing out bobby pins and bottle caps (which current PIs can't do), I'm sticking to it just being a copy of TDI/Eric Foster Technology. If that happens I will gladly admit I am wrong, and probably buy one.

The inventor of detector has already talked about bottlecap behavior with Impulse AQ. I ask him about.
Here http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,145750,162395#msg-162395

Notice he uses the word rejected too in his response in this post.

Here’s a better pic of the battery area. The connector on the left is the headphone. The other one is the battery power in/out connector - charger connects here to charge (the charger cable is plugged in in the Russian photo) - in use, a cable connects this port to the connector on the end of the stem.

2q351sj.jpg

I can see a excalibur LiPo battery right there. Longer hunt time for Dew...

Now that we know the fittings are M-8 3 and 4 pins the battery would be easy to duplicate , just in a different holder with a longer lasting LiPo. And really you can make a adapter and run any CTX head phones you want... M-8 male 3 pin / cable / M-12 female 8 pin....Wonder what else I can adapted on that AQ..
Sad the power is regulated...:no:

Last edited:
Obn

U DA MAN, ya never know, if i start finding deep gold :?::workforgold: i might want to hunt much longer than just 5 hour's great work , ill take the 1st new battery external cable jumper , i can put a car battery on my shoulder as long as Shogun stay's home :lol:

Now you get it - it’s modular. Want a better coil, it’s just a PI, building one is difficult but nowhere near as nearly impossible as for a VLF IB machine.

Not happy with the battery pack - build your own as long as you don’t exceed the maximum input voltage of the internal voltage regulator.

Don’t like the choice of headphones - off the shelf connector - get some other ones...

Meanwhile, pick your buyer of choice for the jewelry you will find!!!!!

Tnss/ OBN

Thanks 4 the you tube link, i just spent the last 45 minutes watching the Youtube link of the girl in the lime green bikini fishing on a center console boat that i am thinking of getting instead of the Pilot house type, sent that to my fishing buddies :shock::lol::wow2::thumbsup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2SNoWXYjig :D PS OBN i need a russian girl fish buddy like her over here bro :jawdrop::okpeople: As far as the Manta goes , i am not waiting long :roll::waiting:

Release Date

Emailed Fisher, only to get nothing out of them, if the Manta isn't out by May , i will pass, i would have expected the Manta to be out by now, as everyone is getting income tax refund's back, but if it's not out soon, Fisher's loss, as the season approaches shortly , there window for buyer's decrease's 50% , played the waiting game with the Equinox , and accessories . The ball game , hype not worth it this time around to me. :imo::my2cents:

Different strokes for different folks. I suspect Fisher plans for this device to have a decade or so of sales potential. You will have plenty of time to decide it what you call “hype” was an accurate preview of the AQ’s potential or not.

One of my favorite song's Rick

A little less talk and a lot more action !!!!!!!!!!:hornetsnest::jawdrop::impatient::realitycheck::police::violin::popcorn2: i will wait till May, when the season start's, if it's not out, i will hunt with what i have.

Last edited:
Emailed Fisher, only to get nothing out of them, if the Manta isn't out by May , i will pass, i would have expected the Manta to be out by now, as everyone is getting income tax refund's back, but if it's not out soon, Fisher's loss, as the season approaches shortly , there window for buyer's decrease's 50% , played the waiting game with the Equinox , and accessories . The ball game , hype not worth it this time around to me. :imo::my2cents:

These companies who make these detectors want to make sure everything is working as it should and not rush out a product.

I guess you never heard... good things come to those who wait.

I don't think Fisher or any other company is worried about getting product out for your time table.

Craig See

Post #68 , imagine the Manta with OBN's secret sauce with it :shock::jawdrop: , actually they have till mid June, if it's not out by than, i won't be the 1st one to purchase the machine, than i will wait & see through other's how the machine does, i can see you getting one, as Mark, & Swing have the TDI, you have to be different, :lol: we all will see , you have posted a lot on this thread, mean's your interested , happy hunting.

Post #68 , imagine the Manta with OBN's secret sauce with it :shock::jawdrop: , actually they have till mid June, if it's not out by than, i won't be the 1st one to purchase the machine, than i will wait & see through other's how the machine does, i can see you getting one, as Mark, & Swing have the TDI, you have to be different, :lol: we all will see , you have posted a lot on this thread, mean's your interested , happy hunting.

Not me... too pricey... I'll just stick with my old scratched blue excal 1000... still finds the yellow... and BTW they aren't calling it the Manta anymore.. get with the program :lol:

Cfm-ct

I am on noone's program, if i decide to buy, i will name my toy whatever i want :laughing: , to much money:laughing: you live in Ct , your all rich up their, stop playing cheapo :roll: , we all know on here, you do, what you say your not gonna do , were watching , you know the gold is 2 + foot down in the stink mud, your just not looking forward to dig that deep:cool3: , no fresh drop's up their bro., everything is down under. Happy hunting.

I am on noone's program, if i decide to buy, i will name my toy whatever i want :laughing: , to much money:laughing: you live in Ct , your all rich up their, stop playing cheapo :roll: , we all know on here, you do, what you say your not gonna do , were watching , you know the gold is 2 + foot down in the stink mud, your just not looking forward to dig that deep:cool3: , no fresh drop's up their bro., everything is down under. Happy hunting.

I don't need another detector to find gold.. like they say on the other forum its a niche detector not everyone will buy one based on price and other things..

I don't need one to find gold.. I do fine just with what I own now.. I have a PI that I am repairing.. its a Barracuda... its even older than the Excal :D

ooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwlllllll

He's talking Mopar OBN :laughing: , remind's me of my 69 Roadrunner , road trip 2020 CT gold clean up :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: :thumbsup: ps i have a Dodge Ram truck, while i am up their we will hook up trucks hitch to hitch , whoever loose's the truck pull buy's,all you can eat seafood :cool3:

Last edited:
Lytle 78

Talk about the seach coil 12.5 , i used to run my Surf pi Df, 12 w 6 in the middle, sometimes looking several minutes through the sand, only to find the smallest of target's, any information on this coil, which makes it better than say the Whites Tdi, Surf pi Df coil's, the yellow coil was not the best in the water, but the wet sand performance , shallow water is were i will want to use the machine the most.

Not me... too pricey... I'll just stick with my old scratched blue excal 1000... still finds the yellow... and BTW they aren't calling it the Manta anymore.. get with the program :lol:

Pricey is a Great thing, the high the cost the less likely I'm to see one around here. Seems the Nox fever has taken over, I went to the club meeting the other night and I believe one out of two hunters has it.:shock:

Pricey is a Great thing, the high the cost the less likely I'm to see one around here. Seems the Nox fever has taken over, I went to the club meeting the other night and I believe one out of two hunters has it.:shock:
Yup, same with over here.. of the dozen or so I see at night I'd say at least 75% are equinox, 20% ctx

Back
Top Bottom