When the landowner wants part of your finds..??

blkcloud

When I ask permission to hunt I generally get 4 different answers..
1 go right ahead
2 go ahead, but if you find a treasure chest I want half..
3 go ahead, when your done bring what you find so I can see what was in my yard..
4.. go ahead but share your finds .
Very seldom do I get a no.. I've had one this year and the guy had his place rented to a mder..
The #4 is what stumps me. And that's the deal I made..
Right now I'm hunting a pretty big yard and have found 6-7 bullets, a button, one 1917 merc and a 51 wheat.. I'm guessing I'll put all my finds in a ziplock and carry them to the guy and say. Here's what I found. Pick out what you want for your share and I'll keep the rest.. now granted.. I probably don't have $20 worth of spoils and don't care to share them.. but.. what if I did find a csa buckle or a gold coin.. it would be hard to offer that up.. I guess have the item appraised and offer to pay for your half? I'd never sell anything like that. I have never sold anything I have found actually..

Just shown him all the trash you've collected instead and let him choose from that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I personally don't hunt property with conditions. It keeps arguments to a minimum. If I get a permission with conditions, except for filling holes, I just move on. joe

Just tell him how lucky they are to have some company for the day ! So you pay taxes and cut the grass , BIG DEAL! I have a MD and should be able to trespass if I want . Then tell him to go back to his super but get you a beer first. . Thease land owners Who do they think they are . I should keep everything I work so hard for digging up the earth . :mad: Split the finds NEVER !!! :mad:
,,,,, HH

I haven't had to share yet. I would if asked. I seen some areas that I would take my tractor and bush hog if I could detect it.. there's one field in particular.. 20 years ago I searched a small part of if and came away with several bullets and a few buttons.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Treasure

The times I have done that the landowner gave me the best of it and was pleased to see the rest of the stuff.

Our next one they keep it all and we are doing GPS coordinates on all finds.

When I ask permission to hunt I generally get 4 different answers..
1 go right ahead
2 go ahead, but if you find a treasure chest I want half..
3 go ahead, when your done bring what you find so I can see what was in my yard..
4.. go ahead but share your finds .

I'm guessing I'll put all my finds in a ziplock and carry them to the guy and say. Here's what I found. Pick out what you want for your share and I'll keep the rest....

To be fair to both of you - if they wanted a share I would get them to agree ahead of time that you would take turns in picking who got what out of your finds. (after all, you likely paid quite a bit to buy the equipment that he is benefiting from for free :lol: )

I had one tell me, he wants everything. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

......you could have asked him - "does that include the bill for renting the use of my experienced labor and expensive equipment ?" :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I just can't imagine what those people think who ask for everything, if they think you simply enjoy digging with no chance of any reward at all you could do that in your own yard without a detector :laughing:

I'll take whatever deal I can get from a landowner...they're doing me a favor by letting me use their property. Having said that I can only think of a handful of times a landowner actually took something and most times it isn't a coin it's a toy or a relic most times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have learned if I get a reply of "What's in it for me?"or them wanting dibs.
Too now keep an extra coin tube in my pouch,
I'll give them some "WHEAT CANDY", I have LOTS of '44's
:pirate: :viking:

I've thought about that scenario, if they were interested in getting some or half...

I've thought I'd put it like this...

All right, I'm willing to share what I find, but you have to decide who gets first pick, but I'd like it to be fair, and you must decide before WE start...

First pick, gets one choice, second pick gets pick #2&3, first picker gets #4, following that it's one for one... So for four finds you each get two, five items, the person who got second would get 3 of 5 items... In any event, an odd number of finds, second pick gets the odd..

It's sort of a way to even out the advantage of picking first... Also allows something good for each side..

I don't like people, so I'll probably never need to try the above...

Thoughts?

<°)))>{

I've thought about that scenario, if they were interested in getting some or half...

I've thought I'd put it like this...

All right, I'm willing to share what I find, but you have to decide who gets first pick, but I'd like it to be fair, and you must decide before WE start...

First pick, gets one choice, second pick gets pick #2&3, first picker gets #4, following that it's one for one... So for four finds you each get two, five items, the person who got second would get 3 of 5 items... In any event, an odd number of finds, second pick gets the odd..

It's sort of a way to even out the advantage of picking first... Also allows something good for each side..

I don't like people, so I'll probably never need to try the above...

Thoughts?

<°)))>{

That is a really well thought out way of making it fair when the property owner wants some of the finds.
I like your idea, good thinking !!!!
:thumbsup:

I usually just offer them to have a duplicate if I find more than one type of coin. Also relics specific to the family (if it's generational property) are theirs.

Back
Top Bottom