As far as metal detectors go who is the Cadillac of them all

TheKing

Just assuming if money wasn't an object what is the best detector money can buy?

I've just been looking online at a bunch of them and Whites Spectra V3i is expensive as hell but is it worth the premium price?

Say if one wanted to be able to do everything freshwater/saltwater/anything

Is there really that much of a difference between a $200 unit and a $2000 one?

Well at least you don't have to worry about getting a sore shoulder with this one. Heck don't even need to get up until a target is found. Otherwise anything other than saying CTX will probably anger the Minelab cult. :laughing: I'll stay out of this one.

Attachments

• rcmd.jpg
    rcmd.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,366
To tread lightly and not get specific, there are many differences between a $200 and a $2000 detector. Both will find shallow metal, but higher priced ones usually can find it deeper and give you a much better idea of what it is before digging it for the most part. The CTX 3030 is pretty much the top of the line money no object for hobbyist detectors, but then you have to arm it with different coils for different areas etc...

I'll say this one fast,At pro.Land,water,coins and gold.Done,done,done and done.:laughing:

He didn't say best value for the money... :laughing:

Jebus! Look at all the people just watching this thread just waiting to jump someone... \/

I'll also state this...if you don't jive with the detector no matter what brand or $$$ it costs, it is absolutely worthless to you if you can't figure out what it's telling you.

Crazy ?

This ? has no merit...

There as we all know... is there is no one king!

There is a King though for each of these types of searches:

Saltwater
Freshwater
Under water
On Land
Roman fields
Plowed american fields
Trashy sites
Sites fill with iron
Cellar holes
Group hunt planted finds
Depth
ID at depth
dig it all
Gold only
Silver only
Lightest weight
Most advanced
Best VDI screen
Lowest cost
Highest cost
Waterproof
Not waterproof
Most reliable
etc
etc
ect

Please let us know what king you are referring too?

Thanks

Jebus! Look at all the people just watching this thread just waiting to jump someone... \/

Figured I'd be the sacrificial lamb...He did say one that will do it all,and the at pro really is the only one that can really do it all.:laughing::laughing::laughing:Freshwater,saltwater,land,coins and jewelry.Id say that's exactly what the at pro excels at,can't see another machine that does all that.

The sooner all the nonbelievers come around the sooner we'll all get along.:laughing:

Last edited:
Figured I'd be the sacrificial lamb...He did say one that will do it all,and the at pro really is the only one that can really do it all.:laughing::laughing::laughing:Freshwater,saltwater,land,coins and jewelry.Id say that's exactly what the at pro excels at,can't see another machine that does all that.

The sooner all the nonbelievers come around the sooner we'll all get along.:laughing:

Shhhhh! Don't tell them anything! We have to keep it a secret or they'll figure it out and beat us to the goodies! :dash2:

*You didn't seeeeee anyyyythinggggg....* :lalalala::yes:

Just started 2½ weeks ago. Saving every penny I find with my first detector to leapfrog over the rest and slide right into a CTX 3030. I am approximately 1.3% of the way there.

Welp,...you guys talked me into it :secret: , so keep at it,...see if you can bring him over :popcorn:

The CTX and the Deus machines are a couple of the high end machines.

Depending on what you're looking to find and under what conditions are a couple key points here.

A "Cadillac" is not always required.

Just saying. ;)

Back
Top Bottom