Different Brand Search Coils?

slimpickens

Just purchased a Garrett AT Pro and would like some input into other Brand coils that are available for the AT Pro - Minelab - Fisher, etc. I've heard of Nel coils that have been mentioned from time to time. Is there anybody that has any experience with other Brand coils and would care to share your hands on experience with them? How you compare them in performance, etc? Would appreciate any input our Forum members can contribute. If you prefer you can send PM. Would like to hear your thoughts concerning them? If this has already been posted just tell me where to go. Thank you very much for taking the time to assist with this matter Kioti USAF Veteran 62-66

I use the small NEL Snake coil and I'm very happy with it. Fantastic separation, and impressive depth.

i have had the nel storm coil on my at pro for a few months. it is a great coil, covers a lot of area. i have made some nice finds with it and it has not been off the detector since i put it on.

On the Atpro you have a lot of coil options. I have used and sell the NEL line people love them.
I also carry the Detech 13" Ultimate for the Atpro.
HH, Phil

heard good things about the nel coils for the at pro. when I had one my favorite was the stock 5x8 coil. Now that I have the etrac I am loving the detech 8x6 coil

I own the NEL Snake and Tornado for my ATPro and I have been very happy with them. They fit VERY tightly on the shaft, which can make switching coils very tedious. It's hard to say if the Tornado sees deeper but I can say that it definitely sees everything in the top 10 inches more clearly -in terms of signal strength and VDI accuracy- unless there are a lot rusty nails. Iron here and there isn't a problem because it has pretty good separation. I'm planning to buy the Attack coil in the next few months. If you are wondering if NEL coils are good, they are.

MARS also makes a range of coil sizes for the ATPro (and others) but I haven't personally every used them. They have a good reputation though.

I use the small NEL Snake coil and I'm very happy with it. Fantastic separation, and impressive depth.

Like your input concerning the snake. Been considering the sharpshooter or snake for my F5 & maybe another one or other for the AT Pro. Thank you for sharing. SP

On the Atpro you have a lot of coil options. I have used and sell the NEL line people love them.
I also carry the Detech 13" Ultimate for the Atpro.
HH, Phil

Thanks for the update. Considering a snake or sharpshooter for my F5. PM with your best pricing, if you will? I purchased the 5" x 8" from one of our sponsors for the AT and what little I've been able to use it I like it very much. Has been able to meet the challenges of what I needed it for. Now I'm looking for a smaller footprint coil for the F5. See what you can do. Thank you very much! SP

Back
Top Bottom