Bullets Silver and a Spur

VaMark

Elite Member
Went out today despite the overcast and drizzle we were getting and had a good day. I managed to get a few nice bullets, several drops, some camp lead,a small buckle, a 1946 Rosie (somewhat out of place in the field) and a Spur, not sure if the spur is CW period or not.

What are your thoughts on the Spur?

Thanks
HH
Mark

Attachments

• bullets8-26-12.jpg
    bullets8-26-12.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 378
  • bulletnhole8-26-12.jpg
    bulletnhole8-26-12.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 370
  • spur8-26-12.jpg
    spur8-26-12.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 372
  • rosie8-26-12.jpg
    rosie8-26-12.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 370
You guys had a nice day Mark. That spur is awesome, it looks period to me. Is it iron? How were the bullet readings today?

Yeah the spur is iron, the bullets were about the same as the other fields, rang up as iron with an occasional high tone on most a couple actually showed bullet right away. My buddy got a Whites MXT to try out in the hot ground and it gave the same readings as the AT Pro, iron with a hint of high tone on most of them.

Nice find's there, i was out yesterday in the downpouring of rain and came home with 5 civil war bullet's an a cannonball fragment.

Mark,

The spur isn't regulation military. Could be a civilian purchase though, them CSA guys especially, used whatever they could. A regulation spur of the era would be brass and have a different neck on it.

Charlie

Back
Top Bottom