Backlighting on AT Pro

bucsfan612

Isn't there something that Garrett can do to backlight the AT Pro? I would love this enhancement. This is the one thing that causes me to regret buying this machine. Other than that, the detector has been awesome so far. I hunt mainly late in the day and would love to be able to see signals once it starts getting dark. Maybe I just haven't found the correct lighting system for my rig, but I feel like I am missing something. Anyone else have any thoughts?

I'm still looking for the perfect fix too. I haven't found a book light that fits right. In the mean time I'm using a small red led head light. It baffles me why Garrett would make a machine like the AT Pro without a backlight...

That would be really nice, especially if you could turn the backlight on and off.

I can see using a light on the shaft to see the coil, but I feel for the price of the machine, a backlit screen should have been standard. I see the pictures of backlit machines and I am so jealous. I will not do any type of mods to the machine. I am very handy, built a deck on the house, did my own windows, etc, but I will not risk the warranty on the machine to attempt this. I work in retail and have warranty claims all the time. I am just really disappointed that this detector is not backlit. I knew that going when I was buying it, but being my first detector, I never realized how much I would want to continue to hunt after dark. Sorry for the rant, and if Garrett ever offers it as an update, mine will probably be the first one there to get it done. Thanks and HH!!!

You could always spend $1500 on a E Trac that has a back light, that would teach Garrett for offering the crummy AT Pro without the $900 upgrade.. Or you could just buy a $20 headlight from lowes.....

I'm still looking for the perfect fix too. I haven't found a book light that fits right.

I picked up this book light last year at Target, if I remember right it was like $8 or so.. It takes 2 AAs, I stuck velcro on top of the machine, when it gets too dark I just stick it on. I set my machine next to my hole and it helps to light my work area also, so in a way, better than a back lighted screen. It was that stupid "daylight savings time" bs that pushed me over this edge...

ATPLight2_zps11405035.jpg

ATPLight_zps104f01d7.jpg

Good luck to all!!

<*)))>{

Very cool ice! I am going to do that!

Hey, it is not perfect and built very cheap, but it does the trick! I never head out at night, but I use it to extend my daytime hunts for another hour or so.. It has three LEDs and is still on its first set of batts.. I just looked at it again, it actually take 2 AAAs... It has been a while since I have used it....

<*)))>{

I use a 3 LED headlamp. Very light has a red shield that flips down if wanted.
Has 3 brightness settings (lowest setting is fine). Batteries last a long time (3 AAA). Made by Petzl. other brands are as good. Check camping stores.
Great for checking in the hole or plug too.

Hunt after dark a lot. Love the AT Pro just fine as is (ESP. The waterproof).

You guys that don't hunt after dark don't know what you're missing. Quiet, rarely any bothering you and can hunt places you wouldn't feel comfortable hunting during the day (I.e. busy streets etc.).

GL&GH

I picked up this book light last year at Target, if I remember right it was like $8 or so.. It takes 2 AAs, I stuck velcro on top of the machine, when it gets too dark I just stick it on. I set my machine next to my hole and it helps to light my work area also, so in a way, better than a back lighted screen. It was that stupid "daylight savings time" bs that pushed me over this edge...

ATPLight2_zps11405035.jpg

ATPLight_zps104f01d7.jpg

Good luck to all!!

<*)))>{

If you look on ebay you can get some of these booklites, maybe not this same one. they are only a couple bucks

You could always spend $1500 on a E Trac that has a back light, that would teach Garrett for offering the crummy AT Pro without the $900 upgrade.. Or you could just buy a $20 headlight from lowes.....

This.

Yeah, you could just tell those Minelab folks to just keep those pounds of silver that come with an E-trac too. ATP users wouldn't know what it was anyway. :p

Yeah, you could just tell those Minelab folks to just keep those pounds of silver that come with an E-trac too. ATP users wouldn't know what it was anyway. :p

:laughing: I have the E Trac and I'm still waiting for Minelab to send me my "pounds of silver".. You would think for 15 hundy it would dig the silver out for me..

Back
Top Bottom