Deus V4 issues coming to light UPDATE

Here's my theory on the contrast issues. When one first gets their machine they usually adjust their contrast and forget it. Updating to v4 automatically results in setting the contrast to "10" and the user is prompted to adjust it (lower it).

I may be wrong but this looks awfully suspicious. If this is the reason, the user wouldn't know it was an issue unless the contrast was turned up, and would think that it was caused by the software update. I think that in order for this to happen, the user would have to regularly use the magnetic hip mount case over a long period of time. I could be wrong though. What do you think?

(Not my pic)
78107d38c54d54e07610f079df246017.jpg

a64670fc2a331fe2e17ec59e122298fd.jpg

The thing on the Deus remote screen is most likely caused by a strong magnet leaning against it for long period of time and should correct itself by not using any magnet near it for some time.

It would be interesting to see if anyone's remote corrects itself as a result of not using the hip mount (assuming this theory is correct). OTOH XP has been replacing remotes with this issue over in the U.K.

I must say that I spent a lot of time worrying about this update and my worry was wasted. Really like the V4 and love the "Deep" and "Hot" programs. My custom programs run just as they did before the update and gives me even more adjustments I can make to these programs.
I am glad I waited a bit before downloading, it gave me the opportunity to see issues others were having and helped me avoid some of the same pitfalls.

I think with the release of V4, a used Deus will sustain a very good re-sale value..longer, even for the "older" Deus's out there.

So one thing I did notice today, I had been using my 11 X 13" coil on my last outing, today I was hunting some field and decided to put my 9" coil on to get in between the corn stalk stubs. I fired up the Deus remote and switched it over to the 9" coil, I then fired up the headphones and they would not give any audio. Seems even though I turned on the remote and was using the headphones as headphones only, the headphones were still connected to the 11 X13" coil. I have to turn off the remote and then use the controller on the headphones to switch it over to the 9" coil.
As I remember on version 3.2 I did not have this issue. The headphones worked no matter what coil was chosen and only mattered when you use the headphone controller without the remote, then you would have to switch it from the last coil used to the one you wanted to use.
Anyone else notice this?

No Choppa,
Headphone module even with Deus 3.2 must be either selected (after preload ser #) ser #manually inserted,,,,,so headphone module can be paired to coil every time you switch coils.

The headphone module,,is not a say smart module or plug and play. It needs help-noted above.

OK that makes sense. Truth is I have not taken off the 11 X 13" coil for a couple months so it seems to just be this old brain had a glitch in it LOL!
Did hit a old colonial cellar hole today where I had found a Connecticut copper earlier this year. No coins but some period artifacts and a nice small pontiled medicine bottle.

Well the issue is I had seemed to forgotten that I must turn my headphones on BEFORE the remote so that the headphones pair with the new chosen coil at the same time as the remote.

Back
Top Bottom