• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Show off you older machines

MattLock

Elite Member
As a younger hunter I got it so easy now I bet. Could you old timers show off and talk about your machines from the 70s, 80s etc that they don't sell anymore.

Here's my Garrett Master Hunter 7. Heavy but still works great.

Attachments

• MH7-1.jpg
    MH7-1.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 535
Here's my Garrett Master Hunter 7. Heavy but still works great.

We've got one similar to yours, it's called something like 'coin master or coin finder', might even be called something entirely different. It's got the small, thick coil and at the end the rectangular box with all the knobs and buttons. Oh, and it uses 16 batteries! It better have been energy efficient! :lol:

Garrett FreedomII Plus, Fisher 1266x & 1270

Garrett Freedom II plus.. found many coins and rings ect with this.. Fisher 1266x.. rough around the edges but will still detect the fringe.. and a Fisher 1270 both the Fishers are relic work horses..

Attachments

• 101_1253.jpg
    101_1253.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 328
  • 101_1254.jpg
    101_1254.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 340
  • 101_1255.jpg
    101_1255.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 346
  • 101_1256.jpg
    101_1256.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 342
As a lot of you know i collect and enjoy the challenge of hunting with vintage machines. i have detectors from Fisher, Teknetics, Garret, Whites and Tesoro as well as a few others. My oldest detector in my collection is this old Fisher. It is more of a wall hanger even though it still works.
Fisher1.gif
My favorite of all of my detectors is my old Teknetics 9000. I used it for years and I'll never sell it. I still take it out a few times each year.
Tek 9000.JPG
The ones that I use the most are my original Tesoro Silver Sabre and my Fisher CZ-6.
Older.jpg
I also have a Fisher 1266 but it doesn't get used as much as the others. I also use my Garrett 2500 a lot but I don't really consider it old since they still make it. They just don't make the one I have since it talks to you. They may not be as advanced as some modern detectors but they still find coins. My '83 Silver Sabre has pulled out over four dollars in coins in a well hunted park in the last two times I have used it. Original Bounty Hunter Big Bud, Fisher 1210, a couple of Jetcos, Whites 6000, Tek 8500 and two Garrett Groundhogs to name some others.

As a lot of you know i collect and enjoy the challenge of hunting with vintage machines. i have detectors from Fisher, Teknetics, Garret, Whites and Tesoro as well as a few others. My oldest detector in my collection is this old Fisher. It is more of a wall hanger even though it still works.
View attachment 379552
My favorite of all of my detectors is my old Teknetics 9000. I used it for years and I'll never sell it. I still take it out a few times each year.
View attachment 379553
The ones that I use the most are my original Tesoro Silver Sabre and my Fisher CZ-6.
View attachment 379554
I also have a Fisher 1266 but it doesn't get used as much as the others. I also use my Garrett 2500 a lot but I don't really consider it old since they still make it. They just don't make the one I have since it talks to you. They may not be as advanced as some modern detectors but they still find coins. My '83 Silver Sabre has pulled out over four dollars in coins in a well hunted park in the last two times I have used it. Original Bounty Hunter Big Bud, Fisher 1210, a couple of Jetcos, Whites 6000, Tek 8500 and two Garrett Groundhogs to name some others.
I use to love my Teknetics 9000!!!!

I don't have a pix of it, but I started with a 66TR, in about 1976. It was a used machine, circa 1972-ish, at the time. There's pix of it on google images, and I believe it's the same as cw-searcher shows in his pix, as a 66T (66T and 66TR I believe were the same thing).

They were all-metal TR, no disc. They quickly became dinosaurs in the mid 1970s, when TR disc. was introduced. And TR disc. quickly became dinasours in 1978 to 79-ish, when motion discriminators started making the rounds.

Still have my Whites Eagle Spectrum. Bought it new and still going strong.

Attachments

• Eagle.jpg
    Eagle.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 224
Sovereign

5 Lb. 8 oz. is the weight on this old monster and I could swing it for 4,5 hours at a time in the old days, but I was a lot younger then. I found a lot of silver with it and still use it occasionally but only for an hour or so is all I can handle.
Moving the control box underneath the elbow bar sure helped to distribute the weight a little better. Boy am I grateful for new technology, allows us old folks to be able to hunt a little longer with these new fangled MD's, I love my 705. H.H.

Attachments

• 100_7082.jpg
    100_7082.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 145
  • 100_7106.jpg
    100_7106.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 197
Back
Top Bottom