As far as metal detectors go who is the Cadillac of them all

So has the OP even been back to this thread? Stirred the pot and ran.

HAHAH Just for the record, Scuba and I talked out our differences in PM last night, I think we made good progress and both agree we should have kept our discussion private.

We're back to good and would go get some bacon for breakfast if we were closer to each other :lol:

HAHAH Just for the record, Scuba and I talked out our differences in PM last night, I think we made good progress and both agree we should have kept our discussion private.

We're back to good and would go get some bacon for breakfast if we were closer to each other :lol:

This is what we like to hear!! :friends:

Good news. Wonder if bacon would resolve the issues in the Middle East as well. :?:

Last edited:

I am also glad to hear this. You both contribute a lot to this forum and like any place, people will have their differences and sometimes emotions run high.
I can say without a doubt that you are both very passionate about this hobby and I have a lot of respect for you both for working this out.

I am also glad to hear this. You both contribute a lot to this forum and like any place, people will have their differences and sometimes emotions run high.
I can say without a doubt that you are both very passionate about this hobby and I have a lot of respect for you both for working this out.

Absolutely wonderful to read Choppadude. Actually made me a little emotional. Yes I love this hobby and I love to help. After talking to Nectar I agree he does also. We both agree we dislike fake finds and we both agree that both of us are here to help others and not cram a certain detector down anyone's throats. I think we both also agree that there is absolutely non that are better than anyone else.

Sure some find fantastic places to hunt and do more research. However they are not any better than another that goes out and learns his tools and uses them the best he or she can.

I do know I have skills but luck in getting your coil over a fantastic target is a huge part of the equation.

Happy New Year all and you can't find any silver, gold or relics reading what I am typing. Go out there and get them. As for me, I am in about 6" of fluffy white junk at the moment.

I said earlier that the sooner we all agree that the Garrett at pro is the best, the sooner everyone will get along..Land ,water ,saltwater,coins, jewelry, best customer service.. On and on..

I think you should let me borrow your Atpro and Nectar his CTX3030 for 15 minutes each. I will take them on some very productive drop offs so I can prove they are not the right machine for me.

After that you two can then compare which company of the two has better customer service for drowned detectors. What do you think?

I think you should let me borrow your Atpro and Nectar his CTX3030 for 15 minutes each. I will take them on some very productive drop offs so I can prove they are not the right machine for me.

After that you two can then compare which company of the two has better customer service for drowned detectors. What do you think?

Or we could take your pulse induction into a park and show you why it's not the best detector for finding deep silver in parks! :laughing:

Just tie a bag around the control boxes, you'll get at least another 20-30 feet out of them :lol:

Or we could take your pulse induction into a park and show you why it's not the best detector for finding deep silver in parks! :laughing:

Me with a PI machine?? LOL have you been smoking what the person on another thread found on his ring?

CZ-21's , Tiger Sharks and E-Trac's are all VLF. No possible way would I swing a PI in fresh water!

Speaking of PI's. Has anyone tried the ATX? Had looked at one at a local detector store last year and that thing is built like a tank and didn't feel much lighter than one. Don't think I'd be interested in pulling rusty nails at 18 inches but just curious if anyone has used one for any length of time and their thoughts on it.

If my at pro were a person he'd be sporting a gold grill,some baggy pants and a Glock 9,,,,my at pros a thug.

Garrett is just a warehouse full of OGs

Darn....didn't check this thread soon enough and missed what looked like the first best drama thread of the year.
Now every juicy post is wiped out and everyone is playing nice.
What else do we do to while away the winter around here?
Guess I'll catch the next one.

By the way...thinking about hunting a cemetery with long range locators and dowsing rods...opinions?

:laughing:

Darn....didn't check this thread soon enough and missed what looked like the first best drama thread of the year.
Now every juicy post is wiped out and everyone is playing nice.
What else do we do to while away the winter around here?
Guess I'll catch the next one.

By the way...thinking about hunting a cemetery with long range locators and dowsing rods...opinions?

:laughing:

Need help?

I think too many people don't understand what a "Cadillac" is. A Cady isn't the best. It's not the fastest, it's not the biggest, its not even the most expensive.

What are Cadillacs? They are big, expensive, luxurious, and require expensive dealer repairs when they break down. Most people can't afford them, and they certainly aren't the "right" car for most people, but there are a lot of people who want them just because of the status symbol they represent. They are a great car, but not "perfect"

What detector fits those attributes? I'd say the Minelab CTX. It's great at a lot of things, but certainly not the "perfect" detector (which doesn't exist). I'll pick another for scuba detecting, another for gold nugget hunting, and another if being light-weight is important. But what it does do, it does very well. Just don't confuse "cadillac" with "perfect for all situations"

Back
Top Bottom