Where is the minelab global HQ?

Hi Folks,

Minelab no longer places your calls directly to a corporate number. The company must feel like they are the world's best!

Minelab now has 3 HQ's that take care of customers and dealers.

As everyone knows, Minelab setup an office in IL, USA. SO when you call that number, and you live over an hour away, you are stuck.

Either get in your vehicle and drive or take the detector fully apart and ship the detector. Minelab is not making things easy for the consumer and that is why I am telling people to buy a different brand.

I am a dealer of Minelab and what the company is creating makes neither business sense nor good customer service sense.

In order to compete in business, a company "must" make things easy for the consumer or they will eventually go bankrupt.

Honestly, I do not care if a company has been in business for 27 years or 100 years, if they do not support the customer, the company is done.
Wow, I honestly did not know that,good information.:wow:

Hi Folks,

Minelab no longer places your calls directly to a corporate number. The company must feel like they are the world's best!

Minelab now has 3 HQ's that take care of customers and dealers.

As everyone knows, Minelab setup an office in IL, USA. SO when you call that number, and you live over an hour away, you are stuck.

Either get in your vehicle and drive or take the detector fully apart and ship the detector. Minelab is not making things easy for the consumer and that is why I am telling people to buy a different brand.

I am a dealer of Minelab and what the company is creating makes neither business sense nor good customer service sense.

In order to compete in business, a company "must" make things easy for the consumer or they will eventually go bankrupt.

Honestly, I do not care if a company has been in business for 27 years or 100 years, if they do not support the customer, the company is done.

I call BS. You claim to be a Minelab dealer, so NAME YOUR COMPANY!

Minelab was bought by a diversified company called CODAN. They have many branches. The minelab arm is a multi-national sales company so they have many offices to make it easier for different customers to deal with issues. If you live in the US and want to talk to the top dog, call CODAN. If you need a repair to your detector, call the Minelab USA number. I recently had my Excal repaired. It was a simple, straight forward, and well explained process.

minelab service

I to have dealt with them about a broken coil ear. They were great, had a new coil back in 10 days. they paid postage and shipping on everything.

I quote the following from a UK detecting forum. I do hope the moderators don't think this a sensitive subject.
I also don't believe it's been mentioned before on here ?

"....Yup, Codan own Minelab. I believe they patented the ability to update
metal detectors remotely/via the web. XP then produced the DEUS with
the same ability.
Codan waited while XP sold lots of units & tinkered with updates until XP
announced Ver4 then Codan opened the court case which, if they win, will
be based on XP units sold and future licencing.
Then you can chuck the Dp600 "pseudo Deus Gold machine" into the mix. I
get the impression that once XP (or their partner company) stepped into
the rather lucrative Gold market with a relatively cheap gold machine then
Codan said enough is enough.
I have read there was a similar case against Whites who paid up and now
pay a fee per unit to Codan as it was the cheaper option at the time.

Be interesting to see what XP do...."

I call BS. You claim to be a Minelab dealer, so NAME YOUR COMPANY!

Minelab was bought by a diversified company called CODAN. They have many branches. The minelab arm is a multi-national sales company so they have many offices to make it easier for different customers to deal with issues. If you live in the US and want to talk to the top dog, call CODAN. If you need a repair to your detector, call the Minelab USA number. I recently had my Excal repaired. It was a simple, straight forward, and well explained process.

Spot on Jason.

I quote the following from a UK detecting forum. I do hope the moderators don't think this a sensitive subject.
I also don't believe it's been mentioned before on here ?

"....Yup, Codan own Minelab. I believe they patented the ability to update
metal detectors remotely/via the web. XP then produced the DEUS with
the same ability.
Codan waited while XP sold lots of units & tinkered with updates until XP
announced Ver4 then Codan opened the court case which, if they win, will
be based on XP units sold and future licencing.
Then you can chuck the Dp600 "pseudo Deus Gold machine" into the mix. I
get the impression that once XP (or their partner company) stepped into
the rather lucrative Gold market with a relatively cheap gold machine then
Codan said enough is enough.
I have read there was a similar case against Whites who paid up and now
pay a fee per unit to Codan as it was the cheaper option at the time.

Be interesting to see what XP do...."

I know the part about Whites is false, so I have to question the veracity of the part about XP also. There was no lawsuit or legal filings against Whites by Minelab or Codan. Minelab actually worked with Whites to get their multi-freq detector operating correctly. Yes, Whites paid them but it was never based on a lawsuit.

Back
Top Bottom