A few more CW bullets for the collection

WVDirtfisher

This fall weather is just about perfect for diggin! Took the Fisher F2 out after work and wanted to try a yard that I have pounded in the past. Wasn't all that great until I hit a nice high tone and began diggin. Dug my first 44 Colt bullet in this yard and moved on. Found a small round ball and just at dark, a 3 ring minnie. I was really taking my time and no paying much attention if any to the numbers. All sound today. The Fisher F2 is a bullet machine in my neck of the woods.

Attachments

• Dirtfishing Sept 11th, 2012 001.jpg
    Dirtfishing Sept 11th, 2012 001.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 383
Nice!!! I found my first Civil War relics with my F2. I still remember pulling out that very first 3-ringer. That was all I found all day, but I looked at it all the way home! HAHA. Great finds!

Nice!!! I found my first Civil War relics with my F2. I still remember pulling out that very first 3-ringer. That was all I found all day, but I looked at it all the way home! HAHA. Great finds!

Wolf, the F2 has done me well. Was going to upgrade to a better detector but decided to get a larger coil. The F75 would be choice but I think the T2 will be the one I get. Started out as a hobby and has turned into a good addiction. Hope to pick up the T2 over the winter. Thanks for looking and the comments!

I know exactly what you mean when you say it's an addiction! Funny how we think of it the same way. :lol:

At first it was just coins. Then Silver coins! Now its CW relics with the occasional old copper or silver coin!! I also used to fish in the water all the time. Now its Dirtfishin all the time!! Gotta love it though!!

At first it was just coins. Then Silver coins! Now its CW relics with the occasional old copper or silver coin!! I also used to fish in the water all the time. Now its Dirtfishin all the time!! Gotta love it though!!

Thats funny! I still love fishing, but I havent wet one single line in 2012. And I only went once in 2011. I started relic hunting in 2011.......Go figure. Damn this hobby. I think I may go fishing this weekend. HA!!!! Take that metal detecting!

No....I'm going digging......

Thats funny! I still love fishing, but I havent wet one single line in 2012. And I only went once in 2011. I started relic hunting in 2011.......Go figure. Damn this hobby. I think I may go fishing this weekend. HA!!!! Take that metal detecting!

No....I'm going digging......

I was thinking the same thing! I usually go up to Lake Erie for Steelhead fishing at least once a yr. Gonna head up again this november, but its dirtfishing til then!! Good stuff!

This fall weather is just about perfect for diggin! Took the Fisher F2 out after work and wanted to try a yard that I have pounded in the past. Wasn't all that great until I hit a nice high tone and began diggin. Dug my first 44 Colt bullet in this yard and moved on. Found a small round ball and just at dark, a 3 ring minnie. I was really taking my time and no paying much attention if any to the numbers. All sound today. The Fisher F2 is a bullet machine in my neck of the woods.
Nice find Howard! I'm heading to Romney, WV next Sunday to do some hunting. I'd love to find some of what you found. Chances are good because of the CW activity around Romney and Springfield (where my cabin is). Thanks for posting!

Back
Top Bottom