Finds: English pasture fields.

Doug

Elite Member
Most of the local fields are now under crop so it is time to hit the pasture fields.

My set up was the Deus Lite running on the stock Deus Fast program (V2) hooked up with the 11 inch coil.

Finds are varied and the age of some of the finds are also varied from modern decimal coins back to a Roman coin and everything in between.

Thanks for looking and enjoy........Doug.

Lead palm guard.
62B4O0g.jpg

English Jetton.
UWqTX4Z.jpg

Victorian(?) silver replica of a Celtic brooch.
YNYiALd.jpg

Roman coin bottom right.

LG2G9CP.jpg

Various items.
Qmm1dKh.jpg

Cast lead palm guard for a leather worker's palm. The shape is said to suggest that they were moulded in oyster shells.

There is a circular depression diameter in the upper face of the guard.

This would have been wrapped in leather with a hole in it to match the depression in the lead. C1600-1800

rXx7mhS.jpg

Commonwealth halfgroat.1649-60 Inscriptions in English instead of Latin as a truer expression of Protestantism.
QbLwtdG.jpg

English Jetton Produced as counters for use in calculation on a counting board.
GgD6qRP.jpg

Silver brooch.

m8cWRG8.jpg

Hallmarks.
rGZCpdA.jpg

Wow, you sure did find the right pasture! I would have thought that palm guard was just scrap lead and tossed it into the recycle bucket. Nice save.

Wow, you sure did find the right pasture! I would have thought that palm guard was just scrap lead and tossed it into the recycle bucket. Nice save.

Thank you.

Although an area close to there are disused lead mines lead this big and a defined shape had to be made by man for a specific purpose?

Always like your posts Doug.....keep up the good work!

Thank you.

Wonderful finds!

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom