Complaints On Loose NOX shafts

Trashfinder

Forum Supporter
Been reading complaints on the shafts. Most of you are probably complaining that have been using explorer, etrac, safari, ctx with carbon fiber shafts. Well coming from a guy who has used almost all detectors the NOX shafts are as good as other detectors with same type shafts. Some peeps are not even tightening the twist locks lol! Remember we did not pay ETRAC,CTX prices for the machine so it does come with a lesser type shaft to reduce costs. My suggestion is wait for the aftermarket carbon fiber shafts to fix your complaints if it really bugs you that much.

Been reading complaints on the shafts. Most of you are probably complaining that have been using explorer, etrac, safari, ctx with carbon fiber shafts. Well coming from a guy who has used almost all detectors the NOX shafts are as good as other detectors with same type shafts. Some peeps are not even tightening the twist locks lol! Remember we did not pay ETRAC,CTX prices for the machine so it does come with a lesser type shaft to reduce costs. My suggestion is wait for the aftermarket carbon fiber shafts to fix your complaints if it really bugs you that much.
Yeah I have a strong suspicion that many of these "loose shafts" are actually cam locks that have not been twisted tight. I have one of the early 800s and mine are nice and tight when twisted all the way. The shaft will wobble if they are not twisted tight.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Couldn't be for sure, but I'm thinking the guys who have come up through the ranks to the Etracs and CTX's probably had substantial experience with cam locks on other machines or should have the competence to handle them.

I've never even seen the Equinox in person, so I don't know for sure, but one of the guys I heard complaining(not on this forum) has been detecting for 49 years, and knowing what he has in his arsenal, he's good with Cam Locks.

Yeah I have a strong suspicion that many of these "loose shafts" are actually cam locks that have not been twisted tight. I have one of the early 800s and mine are nice and tight when twisted all the way. The shaft will wobble if they are not twisted tight.

Went out today with the NOX and tried to make the shaft act loose , i was scrubbing the ground and still rock solid.... I have no idea i just know all three of mine are rock solid. So i makes me wonder if they are not doing something wrong. I twist my cams tight! Not just barely bump it up.

Went out today with the NOX and tried to make the shaft act loose , i was scrubbing the ground and still rock solid.... I have no idea i just know all three of mine are rock solid. So i makes me wonder if they are not doing something wrong. I twist my cams tight! Not just barely bump it up.
Same here. I have bear mine up against trees and rocks and it is still nice and tight.

I suppose some of the locks were just manufactured slightly too big or something?

My suggestion is wait for the aftermarket carbon fiber shafts to fix your complaints if it really bugs you that much.

So if you have a brand new machine with a wobbly shaft, you should just wait until someone comes out with them and then spend more money to replace it with an aftermarket piece? :?:

That is quite the odd piece of advice to peoples' complaints after spending their hard earned money on a product, don't you think...?

So if you have a brand new machine with a wobbly shaft, you should just wait until someone comes out with them and then spend more money to replace it with an aftermarket piece? :?:

That is quite the odd piece of advice to peoples' complaints after spending their hard earned money on a product, don't you think...?

All 3 of mine have been very tight, but maybe they had a bad batch at some point?? I tighten my cams pretty tight. I thought maybe some fbs users were not used to these type shafts. I was making the assumption that they were all in the same spec range and therefore if mine were tight yours should be too. Maybe some people are just not twisting the cams tight? But if yours are truly defective ,, no i do not think you should have to buy new ones.

Both upper and lower shafts on mine have a slight wiggle and yes, I am using the cam locks correctly. It’s not a huge issue on the stock coil but when the big coil comes out it’s gonna be a problem.

Any problem with wobble is from the hole and pin size they used, it is not a tight fit.

That's the main problem. The hole on the outershaft is over sized. The hole on the inner shaft fits the pin tightly. Mine's not that bad, but it's definitely not tight like it should be. Not a big enough problem for me to send it back. I put a piece of electrical tape on the pad of the camlock and that helped.

Note, to tighten the Nox cam locks, looking from the control box to the coil you have to turn it COUNTERCLOCKWISE not clockwise (like a regular screw). If you turn it clockwise you will strip/damage the locking cam and your shafts will be loose.

Note, to tighten the Nox cam locks, looking from the control box to the coil you have to turn it COUNTERCLOCKWISE not clockwise (like a regular screw). If you turn it clockwise you will strip/damage the locking cam and your shafts will be loose.

Are you saying they tighten opposite of all other cam locks?

All 3 of mine have been very tight, but maybe they had a bad batch at some point?? I tighten my cams pretty tight. I thought maybe some fbs users were not used to these type shafts. I was making the assumption that they were all in the same spec range and therefore if mine were tight yours should be too. Maybe some people are just not twisting the cams tight? But if yours are truly defective ,, no i do not think you should have to buy new ones.

Oddly they only have two camlocks:lol: And the lower one on mine is impossible to tighten enough without building up the size of the lower rod.

Are you saying they tighten opposite of all other cam locks?

No he is telling you the confusing way. But I will say if you try it the wrong way you will have plier marks trying to turn it the wrong way. Or if you got one of the defective camlocks plier marks trying to ever get it tight enough.:lol:

No he is telling you the confusing way. But I will say if you try it the wrong way you will have plier marks trying to turn it the wrong way. Or if you got one of the defective camlocks plier marks trying to ever get it tight enough.:lol:

I think the confusion is how people may assemble it and from what direction they are looking at the shafts.

Everyone that screams shaft wobble must not have swung a At Pro or a Excalibur II. I have a At Pro and use to have a Excal both have shaft wobble and never bothered me that much. I did make my own carbon fiber straight shaft for my excel but that was for ergonomics.

You have not owned a detector with a crappy shaft set up until you have owned a AKA Sigmun! Shaft holes out of alignment by 20 degrees or more and some of the worse camlocs there is.

Maybe that is what they are all doing, cause my 3 machines are all very tight!

Back
Top Bottom