Will any kind of headphone work with a stereo adapter?

fraustydigger

Been trying to get a set of ipod headphones to work in my discovery 3300. I have the stereo adapter, and it fits nice and snum in the md, but I still get no sound. Do I need to buy a regular set of headphones, or what?

My Bounty Hunter uses stereo headphones, but I don't have an adapter to connect earbud type phones to it, so I don't know.

I had a hard time finding headphones that would sound loud enough with my Discovery. One of its drawbacks is that you have no volume control. In trying different headphones from Radio Shack, Walmart & Target only Koss headphones made a good enough sound! :yes: There was a pair of Sony's at RS (behind the ear style) that had an in-line volume control that were adequate. I bought them but I only use them as my back up. I hope this helps you.

Thanks, it might just be my phones not being loud enough for me to hear, will try another pair. Really destroying batteries with the speaker, and I don't want to disturb anyone early in the morning

The Discovery is no friend to batteries! I don't get more than 8-10 hours on a set of alkalines even with headphones. You may want to go the 9v rechargeable route. I have done that and it will save you a lot of money. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom