Headphones

dpitt8

Elite Member
I'm wondering what a good set of headphones would be. Don't want anything too obvious(if possible) (like those w/ big padded earpieces)....and cost is reasonable...any ideas?

i use killer b's. they pretty much shut out any noise other than whats coming from the md. but they pretty obvious. cost just over $100. i like them a lot. to me the most important thing about the phones is how unobtrusive the cord is when you are up and down digging holes, or in heavy brush. if the cord is too long it can be a real pain.

I'm wondering what a good set of headphones would be. Don't want anything too obvious(if possible) (like those w/ big padded earpieces)....and cost is reasonable...any ideas?

You'll hear the weak signals better if your headphones are "obvious" and padded. Check out the Audiophone II for $19.95:

http://detection.com/Depth/

But if you are sure you want a smaller set, Wal-Mart sells an inbetween set (as in, in between the small Walkman and the large padded) for $4.94 that work fine. I think they're made by Koss. You will need to buy an adapter that changes the 1/8" plug to a 1/4" plug, probably at Radio Shack).

I use Killer B's. They allow me to focus on the hunting and keep distractions at bay. Like Flyerdog said, the cord is unobtrusive.

Killer B Wasaps are excellent and lightweight. These are some of the best going. I don't reccomend the smaller type headphones because the idea is to get the faint signals to your ear so you can hear them .

Back
Top Bottom