Question About Protective Covers ACE 250

DreadPirateD

Hi, Stil havent bought my ACE 250 yet, but looks like ill be ordering it in a few days. My questions are about covers. How important are they to have? If I were detecting on beaches and in high brush, is a cover the way to go? The official Garrett pages say the cover doesn't effect the finding cabaility, but rather get your opinons on that issue. There are alot of abandoned military housing and officer housing near where I live, that range from the 1940's to 60's, and some of the brush has overgrown, but still think it would be worth checking out! Thanks!

A good question
waytogo.gif

I've used mine on the sand, and in so-so brush. Even had it stored for over a year. Never used the cover, and there are only very fine scratches to the underneath of the coil.

Ok, so its pretty durable without a cover, ok if you get stuff on it as long as you clean it? Sand, Dirt, And it says in the ad, waterproof? Can you really take it into shallow water at the beach? Thanks again!

Yeah, I think a few people have said that it works flawlessly along fresh water edges and wet sand. I've only taken mine to a regular beach once, in dry sand... no problems. And yeah, I mean, you're gonna get it dirty, just wipe it off, crunchwrap supreme! (good to go, haha)

Ha!, You have been most helpful, much thanks! I can't wait to take it to the beach, and the 300+ Abanonded homes lol, see what I can find in their back yards, which are all kind of connected, meaning each street shares one giant back yard without any fences, might be cool!

The cover keeps the coil from getting banged up. Dirt will get inside the cover but no biggie to clean it just snaps off and on.I have tried the ace on the salt water beach that was wet and clattlered like crazy. You can turn it down but it still doesnt like the salt water. on the dry sand its a champ no prob.

What about the cover-up for the box unit itself? Does anyone use them that would care to comment? I have seen these for sale...

-Pete

Back
Top Bottom