• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

More Spanish goodness

BottleCapKing

Elite Member
Found this in the same park where I found a 1793 half Reale. This time around it is a 1745 King Philip V half Reale. Was about 4.5 inches down in a wooded section of the park. Not sure where the coppers are. But, I won't snub Spanish silver, that is for sure. I wasn't planning on hunting last night, but, after Cellrdwellr texted me a picture of that sweet 2R he found, I had to get out. Glad I did.

Attachments

• KPVHROBV.jpg
    KPVHROBV.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 670
  • KPVHRREV.jpg
    KPVHRREV.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 659
sick. Absolutely sick. We have to go to .... uh... "exotic" places if we wish to find reales out here. But back east coast .............NNnnneeeeoohhhh, they just need to go to "any old park". Sick sick sick. :sissyfight:

They’re gonna find one in a Coinstar next...
17 WHHHAAAATTT??? Crazy stuff,I would also drop a load if something like those came out. To quote the Tubes.....She’s a Beauuu-ty!! Why would I lie?

Great score congrats on the Spanish silver[emoji106][emoji106][emoji2]

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I’d poop my pants if I ever dug something like that!! Huge congrats on the 1/2 reale!!

Great score congrats on the Spanish silver[emoji106][emoji106][emoji2]

Thanks! I think the half-reales are good practice for three centers. The half-reales are not much bigger (15mm wide compared to the 14mm of the three cent piece)

Awesome find, and in a park...Tom will be furious! :lol: Major congrats!

Well, it is a park in name only. It is mostly trees with a few small clearings. There was a house there once from maybe the mid-late 1700's to about 1926 or so when it burned down. The family donated the land to the town. I dig lots of melted remnants of what was the house and what was in the house when it burned.

The real strange part is, I have dug only 4 silver coins from here so far. 2 spanish (1790 and 1745 half Reales), 1 Canadian (1896 20 cent piece), and 1 US (1948 Washington). Nothing else. A couple of zincolns, a dime or two. There have also been lots of cans/canslaw/pulltabs/bottlecaps as well as a few keys, dog tags, and a half dozen or so flat buttons from the late 1700s (including a what is either a 5th continental infantry or British 5th Regiment of Foot, and what may possibly be a Loyalist Royal Provincial button.)

I am wondering where all of those Coppers are? I figure that there has to be a few Colonial/State coppers here. No such luck. Historically, the family that owned the house were well-to-do merchants/business people back in 1700's and 1800's. Maybe there is still some bigger Spanish silver there. I wouldn't mind finding a whole reale, that is for sure. I dig pretty much everything so hopefully nothing of interest gets away.

I won't tell you what I have found in the coin star... You'll thank me for not telling ;)

Congrats. Cant get my coil over one of those milled pillar and globes style and Ive already hit all my local parks:lol:

right......

17 WHHHAAAATTT??? Crazy stuff,I would also drop a load if something like those came out. To quote the Tubes.....She’s a Beauuu-ty!! Why would I lie?

Yeah I hear they still get Reales back in their change at the convenience stores out there .......:shock::laughing:

Congrats! You guys up north are really hitting the Spanish silvers!

Apprently, everything else was already found and all that left is the Spanish silver.

Sweet find BCK! Congrats!

Great dig again man!

Congrats. Cant get my coil over one of those milled pillar and globes style and Ive already hit all my local parks:lol:

Sweet Spanish silver...congrats on the awesome dig!

Killer find!!! Congrats on the silver

Holy carp, that’s awesome! Congrats! Jelly!

Man what an awesome find! Congrats!

Thanks very much!

Yeah I hear they still get Reales back in their change at the convenience stores out there .......:shock::laughing:

Yes, when we pay for our coffee with Colonial copper or Pine Tree Shillings, we get our change back in Reales. Just ask Tom, he will tell you.

Awesome find, the old pillar style seem to far more rare to be found detecting than the later styles.

Huh, I had no idea. I am not very knowledgable when it comes to Spanish silver. I have seen images of the style before, but, that as about it. I am even happier about my find now! :)

Back
Top Bottom