• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

"I'm So Happy" with what I found yesterday

Call Me V

My friend and I went back out to an old sports field we started Friday afternoon until I cut my finger on an old can. We were doing great until a group of soccer players showed up and pretty much took over the field and made sure with a couple of well placed kicks of the soccer ball that we weren't really wanted around.

Anyhow, before we left I had a couple of interesting finds. One was a penny someone had put a happy face into.

The other was a 2009 Zachary Taylor presidential $1 coin. I didn't even know they made them until I found it online. It rang up with a solid quarter signal.

Unfortunately with school that will probably be our last time out until next weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_1118.jpg
    IMG_1118.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 437
Nice! Weekends are the best anyway..especially super early on Sunday mornings...you get to see the Sun come up, you have the whole field all to yourself, and Nobody is around to kick balls at you!:laughing:

It takes a little scouting to find places you can detect during the week, and keep certain areas for the weekends and off hours of activity...

Great post! Seeing the title, I wondered "why the quotation marks?" Then, when I saw the smiley face penny, I got it. Clever! That is a one of a kind find. Very cool. :grin: Love finding the dollar coins too.

It'd be hard to stay annoyed about digging a Zincoln if they come up looking like that! Makes me smile just looking at it :grin: Funny find, and unique - keeper!

Back
Top Bottom