Whats the deal with all the minelab equinox's

I think some are trying to just lump everyone in two groups. Haters and lovers of the Equinox. For me it was obvious the NOX was not going to be just another detector on the market. And its not. I've been around long enough to have seen this coming. There is no "one" detector for everyone or every job.

The NOX is my choice because I'm getting old and I have been looking for years for that single detector that would fit MY needs. It was the E-Trac for deep coins and the Deus/AT Pro for gold/tot lots. The two types of hunting I do most. Yes, the E-Trac I feel does do a little better job on deep coins, and the Deus, with the HF coils, is the better gold detector, but the NOX is as close as I have been able to get to one detector that can do both better than most on the market in my opinion. So that's what I use.

Folks can post about any model detector they want to.

If I have run the unit and can contribute I will.
If I hadn't I won't.

Let's see.

What generally happens on Internet forums when a new model is released and it seems is popular?
Wouldn't one expect to see the new popular detector posted about more?
Common sense tells me YES.
Maybe I need to get my head examined though.

Btw, there are a lot of threads/posts about Deus, Etrac, etc on this forum too.
Look around.
They are good units too. Popular too, even though they cost a bit more than Nox models.

Drama is some thing I don't believe in.
I am sure many folks are still looking for Nox info.

And the only way to shake a detector out is for owners to talk about.
Sure some of the data is repetitive, but this is good IMO.
Trends are what I and other folks should be looking for when it comes to detector behavior/performance.

Btw, I don't charge for the info I supply on detectors.
And in case anyone is wondering, my IQ is between 60 and 160.

I think some are trying to just lump everyone in two groups. Haters and lovers of the Equinox. For me it was obvious the NOX was not going to be just another detector on the market. And its not. I've been around long enough to have seen this coming. There is no "one" detector for everyone or every job.

The NOX is my choice because I'm getting old and I have been looking for years for that single detector that would fit MY needs. It was the E-Trac for deep coins and the Deus/AT Pro for gold/tot lots. The two types of hunting I do most. Yes, the E-Trac I feel does do a little better job on deep coins, and the Deus, with the HF coils, is the better gold detector, but the NOX is as close as I have been able to get to one detector that can do both better than most on the market in my opinion. So that's what I use.

Like me and a friend were talking about. At a salt beach it gets you in the saltwater cheap and does way better than an AT pro. But it isnt a CTX or Excalibur. We like the Equinox because of the weight on our shoulders. Your finds go way down but you dont want to cut your arm off after a day at the beach:lol: I found gold with mine not because it is better than a CTX, but because i would have not hunted that long.

I can say i am waiting for the puppy mill run of Equinox's to get circulated so i can send mine in and get them to send me a new one to see if they all ID that bad in salt or its just a certain run since some people have all sorts of issues and some say they dont.

The weight of the nox is definitely nice compared to the fbs.

I can say i am waiting for the puppy mill run of Equinox's to get circulated so i can send mine in and get them to send me a new one to see if they all ID that bad in salt or its just a certain run since some people have all sorts of issues and some say they dont.

I was wondering the same thing..I had 2 first run machines from different companies in the last 5 years,and both had issues I thought,and so did other people...A year later I rebought a new one of the same model and it was like a totally different machine..Be nice if that happens here

I really wish I hadn’t mentioned the ATP above....I really detailed this thread and I apologize to all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really wish I hadn’t mentioned the ATP above....I really detailed this thread and I apologize to all.

I wouldnt sweat it. Its a discussion. We all have our own experiences. And i can say i still think ML saw how many AT pros sold and made the Equinox to knock a dent in that market. Not to outdo the $2500 CTX. That would be company suicide:shock:

Actually , what Marx is quoted as saying was " religion is the opiate of the masses " . The old Dude's thoughts were people couldn't truly be happy unless religion was eliminated. Personally my opinion on the Nox is I wouldn't mind having one .

You think I didnt know that you Dummy?! :laughing::laughing: 'Opinion' makes more sense though, for its pretty hard to quit a religion and opiates...Everybody has an opinion. ..Opinions can change with proper marketing efforts, like with the NOX...:laughing::laughing:

Detecting is a great opiate/religion substitute!...the whole World goes away and a guy is peaceful with the phones on...just chilling along, no pain, no thoughts about troubles, just in the Dirt/Surf church spiritual zone......except with no debilitating side effects....that my opinion on the matter!

Hey! The OP intended this entire thread for entertainment purposes only! Nobody here is serious about the debate, just riffing and bussinbalz in good humor...:laughing:...

This thread started off with what appears to be an attempt to maybe discredit any popularity and make it look like those who made the jump and purchased one were now patiently waiting the outcome of the for sale board. The discussion covered about every aspect of this machine diving into the good ,bad, and indifferent. Even at that we now see that its reputation has survived and it looks like it has been placed close to the top of the peak of desirable detectors. The trail to the top has many flags which have fallen down with the brand names now littering the trail. It is time for all to give credit where credit is due and be patient because we all know that the next contender will soon step on that same trail and all will hash the pros and cons and the "spelling" of the new machines name. Right now that spelling is NOX

This thread started off with what appears to be an attempt to maybe discredit any popularity and make it look like those who made the jump and purchased one were now patiently waiting the outcome of the for sale board. The discussion covered about every aspect of this machine diving into the good ,bad, and indifferent. Even at that we now see that its reputation has survived and it looks like it has been placed close to the top of the peak of desirable detectors. The trail to the top has many flags which have fallen down with the brand names now littering the trail. It is time for all to give credit where credit is due and be patient because we all know that the next contender will soon step on that same trail and all will hash the pros and cons and the "spelling" of the new machines name. Right now that spelling is NOX

^This

Hey! The OP intended this entire thread for entertainment purposes only! Nobody here is serious about the debate, just riffing and bussinbalz in good humor...:laughing:...

Speaking of......

Attachments

• sunbathing.jpg
    sunbathing.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 153
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 150
  • 254puk.jpg
    254puk.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 168
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 149
I just checked (10:52 am, 7/11/18) and...

finds has "ONE" for sale.
fmdf has "TWO" for sale.

So "3" is a buttload? :lol: :?: :laughing:

I think alot of people,(including myself)::laughing:

Have given the nox some pretty bad words.Probably shouldn't have done that,hindsight I wouldn't have.
I had a little rant about the ID and the more I was told I was wrong the worse it got.
Live and learn,all good machines,and I've found silver with everything from the etrac to the ace 350,and in between.
Equinox is very good at alot of things,i found a few coins with it I don't think I'd have found with another machine.

I think alot of people,(including myself)::laughing:

Have given the nox some pretty bad words.Probably shouldn't have done that,hindsight I wouldn't have.
I had a little rant about the ID and the more I was told I was wrong the worse it got.
Live and learn,all good machines,and I've found silver with everything from the etrac to the ace 350,and in between.
Equinox is very good at alot of things,i found a few coins with it I don't think I'd have found with another machine.

Not found with another machine.
Um
And you didn't mention coil coil size.

A little test, not difficult.
Check out this pick
Under the plastic cap is a 4-4.25" clad dime buried.
The cap not present when comparing detectors.
I compared Etrac with 6" coil.
Nox with stocker.
Deus with both 9" and 11" LF coils.
2mxldsl.jpg

So the results were.
Etrac a pass, gives a 42/43 conductive number in screen with tone to boot.
I even jacked up the ferrous to 18 in quick mask screen, Etrac still hits the dime.

Deus with 11" LF coil.
No cigar period, used a load of settings to include all freqs, reactivty.
Deus with 9" LF coil.
The only signal I got I would rate, I knew the dime as there.
I wouldn't dig unless I was digging potluck signals.

Nox using park 2 speeds 6 and 7 bingo.
ID in screen resorting 19-22 with and occasional 23-25 on sweeps.
Definitely Nox telling me to put the brakes on and start doing more ideal coil sweeps and position.

So yeah, this dime would have lived another day if a Deus person would have swung over, especially if they were using the 11" LF coil.

Didn't check using Etrac and stocker, too lazy to change my coil.

Don't underestimate Nox with that big ole 11" coil on it.

Btw if I change the coin to a Nickel, it will be here where eNox trumps the Etrac badly. For ID.

To all Nox owners/users who may or may not have Xp Deus with LF coils.

If you have sites or know of sites that have produced with folks using Deus and LF coils, you need to take Nox in there and give it a whirl.

Now if the sites have been busted hard by both (Deus HF coils), you take a Nox in there with Stock coil. You had better be on your game, these particular sites will likely produce less. Assuming the Deus and HF coils runner(s) knew what they were doing.

Now whenever the smaller coil materializes for Nox, these same sites depending on how well the coils performs may indeed be worthwhile to hunt once again. Especially sites with loads of modern trash and or iron and nails.

And naturally I don't know squat about the new coils coming for Deus.
So we'll see how they perform.

As a side note here.
When I used my Deus HF coils during testing and use in my proving grounds sites, hunting behind both the 9" and 11" LF coils, I made a lot of finds considering how much time and how many times I had hunted using both of the LF coils.

Facts are facts to me based on actual use and comparing.
I don't play favorites, just report the truth.
If someone can benefit so be it.
I provide info at no costs.
Can't beat that with a stick, right?

I can't believe some folks here are still comparing the Equinox to the AT Pro!! Lmao. Compare it to deus ctx etrac and other higher end machines and you have a case. I used an at pro for years and it is not even in the same realm with the equinox. That is laughable actually. At pro gives virtually no information on targets and has almost no adjustability. The depth stock coil vs stock coil is not close. The separation is where the Nox really shines and there is no comparison in that department either. The AT pro does not equal or beat the nox in any category other than price. AT pro is a great machine in $4-500 market but doesn't even sniff any of the big dogs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom