Robot submarine finds "holy grail of shipwrecks" with up to $17 billion in treasure

And Spain will be asking for it back in 3, 2, 1...

They already did haha, they're fighting with Columbia over who has the rightful ownership of it. Was found off the Columbian coast but it's a Spanish ship. I'm not an expert on the specific laws involved but I figure if it was a Spanish ship and not just some merchant dude from Spain then they're the rightful owners. If it were like the Holy Roman Empire that'd be one thing, it no longer exists and is made up of numerous countries but Spain was and still is Spain, the government type has changed but time doesn't make your ownership of an object any less relavent. But I also don't blame Columbia for trying, $17 billion is a hell of a lot, it'll probably line the pockets of those in charge though, Columbia has come a long way but still not the government id want to live under. Hell I'm not a fan of most of what the US does.

They already did haha, they're fighting with Columbia over who has the rightful ownership of it. Was found off the Columbian coast but it's a Spanish ship. I'm not an expert on the specific laws involved but I figure if it was a Spanish ship and not just some merchant dude from Spain then they're the rightful owners. If it were like the Holy Roman Empire that'd be one thing, it no longer exists and is made up of numerous countries but Spain was and still is Spain, the government type has changed but time doesn't make your ownership of an object any less relavent. But I also don't blame Columbia for trying, $17 billion is a hell of a lot, it'll probably line the pockets of those in charge though, Columbia has come a long way but still not the government id want to live under. Hell I'm not a fan of most of what the US does.

As usual it will be the Lawyers who make out like Bandits here.

Maybe the Rick and Marty should use a miniature version submarine-drone,
on oak island, in the bottom of those flooded mine shafts. :?:

Treasure hunters....A guy has to think of this kind of deal ahead of time and prepare for what to do mentally...like not telling anybody first off...:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom