Equinox first gold!

InShepherdsArms

Elite Member
A couple days ago I scored my first equinox gold!

10k signet ring!

So I was working by the waters edge digging every repeatable signal. I noticed the equinox was a bit hot on everything. I had a couple signals that were 1 and I thought maybe I had a gold chain. Nope...just thin aluminum trash. But the tone was a bit low in volume and bouncy in tone. Iā€™m thinking a chain will have a more solid low tone and may be louder and clearer in tone.

Well after digging bits of aluminum and trash I got a couple good targets a few coins and a fishing weight which all had a better tone. Definitely a lot louder and sharper repeatable tone then the trashy aluminum targets.

After digging the only fishing weight of the day I was hoping gold would be in that same area. Sure enough 2nd target after the weight I had found my first gold with the equinox! Also my first gold of the year!

This machine is pretty cool. šŸ˜Ž

I may try hunting on 1 tone in beach 1 and dig it all! Hahahaha

Also scored a sweet sharks tooth!

Good luck out there!

Oh I have a Facebook group page called minelab equinox beach hunter for tips if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• D6EB6AB3-FAD3-434A-A0E2-12927470B1BF.jpg
    D6EB6AB3-FAD3-434A-A0E2-12927470B1BF.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 499
:thumbsup:

Nice 1st gold!

Thanks for the tone/setting info!

Learning what this sucker is telling me is not easy!

CJ

Sweet! Nice looking finds there. I love the signet look as well :yes: Thanks for the info on the VID #'s. Was the lead a low positive number?

Any gold is nice gold and those old signets ..... just sweet finds.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom