Purchasing a Metal Detector

schandy

I have reviewed the threads and there is so much great advice on metal detectors, however I did not find any on what I was looking for, if anyone can help me I would be grateful. I need a gold metal detector that has a depth of roughly 15 feet or so. I am in Asia so whatever names you give me I will have to source here, if you know any dealers in Asia I would love to have the details. Also price is a great concern so if you could tell me what price range something like that would cost. I am sorry if this has been asked before but I did not see any details on depth etc. Thank you fo any help or assistance.

Steve

welcome to the forum
I need a gold metal detector that has a depth of roughly 15 feet or so.
theres no such thing
a minelab GPX will go 2 feet at the most
good luck

Thank you for the information

Thank you, I had no idea they did not go beyond 2 feet. Is there any other type of machine that go that depth? When I email dealers in Dubai or India they recommend the GARRETT GTI 2500 with a GARRETT EAGLE EYE COIL and then depths of 5 meters can be reached. Anyone know if this is true or not?

Steve

When I email dealers in Dubai or India they recommend the GARRETT GTI 2500 with a GARRETT EAGLE EYE COIL and then depths of 5 meters can be reached. Anyone know if this is true or not?
A half meter is more likely (.5m), and that's pushing it. There is no way that a GTI will see that deep unless you bury it 4.5m to start.

The eagle eye config on the GTI is 2-box so expect 2-3x what the GTI would normally get. I wouldn't think you'd get over 3 feet (less than 1 meter)

Back
Top Bottom