Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Beach and Water Hunting

Old 10-09-2018, 08:49 PM
Elite Member

Default First spin out with the Nox 800

As usual I started out blind with a new detector. I have a habit of not reading the manual until after I go out the first time. After fitting the buttons like a prize fighter in the 9th round I finally started my 5 hour hunt. Not a sound for the longest of times. then I notice some faint whispers that turned out to be very small pieces of foil. I then located a few pieces of clad and after a couple the Nox and the Tony Eisenhower headphones started to click. I found a silver Crucifix, a silver ring, and a surprise in the seaweed under the pier. I couldn't read the stamp until I got the loupe out at home. It said Monet. I looked it up and it was triple plated made between 1967 and the early 1990's. Not gold but it sure got me excited and that's hard to do as long as the skunk has been on my back. Anyway thanks for looking and good hunting.
Attached Images

Last edited by dirtydog; 10-10-2018 at 06:24 PM.

Old 10-09-2018, 09:17 PM
Elite Member

hell of a 1st hunt with the Nox wtg bud !

Old 10-09-2018, 09:23 PM
Elite Member

Thumbs up

A good start with the new machine.

Old 10-10-2018, 06:17 AM
24K Larry

Got to weed through the junk to good target ratio. Looks like you are well on the way to scoring some gold soon Dirty. Unless your junk to good target is hitting like mine.

Old 10-10-2018, 06:29 AM
A Knight of the Round Coil

Monet is known to make some of the nicer fashion jewelry. Still a nice find!

Old 10-10-2018, 08:22 AM
Supporter

Great work there Dirty! Chains of any sort are good indicators you are on the right rig!...nice silver crucifix there!

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Old 10-10-2018, 08:30 AM
Supporter

That thing is nice! Darn the fake gold stuff though! I'm still praying that gold comes your way my friend! Nice to see you getting out and posting too!
Pretty silver ring too.

Old 10-10-2018, 09:18 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by romyrome View post
hell of a 1st hunt with the Nox wtg bud !
Thanks romy. I wish I had hit the gold but the finds were ok to me. Just being there is the best part.

Originally Posted by metaladdict View post
A good start with the new machine.
I would have had more time to hunt had I read the manual first. But at lest now I know what don't work.

Originally Posted by itsaring! View post
Got to weed through the junk to good target ratio. Looks like you are well on the way to scoring some gold soon Dirty. Unless your junk to good target is hitting like mine.
Thanks Larry the biggest part of it is just being there. The Junk ratio is high here. It seems like you find more costume jewelry than silver or gold. I usually don't post the junk most of the time. But new machine and I haven't been out for some time. So even junk was good. Thanks Buddy.

Originally Posted by FelixtheCat View post
Monet is known to make some of the nicer fashion jewelry. Still a nice find!
I was reading the history of Monet Felix. Some of the older pieces from the 20's through the early 50's are collector pieces are valued.

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
Great work there Dirty! Chains of any sort are good indicators you are on the right rig!...nice silver crucifix there!
Thanks Mud. I think I'm going to like the machine. It sure is easier on the shoulder than the CTX.

Originally Posted by Kapi View post
That thing is nice! Darn the fake gold stuff though! I'm still praying that gold comes your way my friend! Nice to see you getting out and posting too!
Pretty silver ring too.
Thanks Kap. I tried to post more photos of the ring and the chain but I came up with a error. It's nice to post again and Larry is free from being Mr. Slumpy. I'm wearing the Slumpy crown for now.