Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Coinshooters and Relic Hunters

Old 10-09-2018, 10:16 PM
Elite Member

What ? No bust coins ? Only a seated half ? Sheesk, we're bored . (just kidding, nice half ! )

Old 10-09-2018, 10:39 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by IDXMonster View post
Where was that again? You’d better start sweeping your truck for tracking devices,those kinds of finds are just about a good enough reason for me to stick one on there. Just about...
You have found what I call “an incredible site” Trapper. When you’re “cherry picking” Seated coins,you might have found a good site. You just never know when you’re gonna hit the huge one,and you have officially hit the huge one!
MEGA congratulations on doing the homework,the legwork and the hunting work to put those beauties in your collection.
334? Tick tock man! Tick tock...
We are suppose to get rain all day tomorrow Kevin but if there is a break I am going back. Figure to go with the CTX at least one more run then go back over every thing with the Nox. Maybe get my first Shield. This has been a dream week with out a doubt. I have stopped at this location at least eight times over the last three years and last Wednesday was the first time I ever found somebody home.
Originally Posted by Stiffwrists View post
Appreciate all the kind words Stiffy. The Seated Half is Special. Not sure I will get to 400 but it won't be from lack of effort. This site could give up my last common bucketlist coin, a Shield Nickel. Hope to get back by the end of the week. Trapper
I've loved watching your progress this year. Fun seeing that silver count go through the roof. I dug a Shield nickel a few weeks ago. Hard to believe I have one up on a living legend! Haha.[/QUOTE]
Now I'm depressed, only dug my first "V" earlier this year. So who knows this site could give up just about anything. Sooner or latter I will get the Shield conquered.
Originally Posted by TommyJay View post
Great recoveries, Trapper. That seated half is in exceptionally good shape!
Thank you Tom. I think all Seated's are beautiful but the Seated Halves to me are exceptional. This one is in very good condition.
Originally Posted by JAK View post
Simply amazing! Any one of those finds are stellar. I don't know how you can sleep at night from the adrenaline rush do to these finds you keep recovering? Congrats big time!
You know Jak I may not sleep tonight. Had a rough nite on Sunday after digging the Capped Bust and I am still on a adrenaline high yet. I keep pinching myself to make sure I am not in a dream. Trapper

Old 10-10-2018, 12:48 AM

Default wow

congrats Trapper.those coins haunt my dreams. outstanding hunt.Happy Hunting.

Old 10-10-2018, 02:41 AM
Elite Member

Congrats on that amazing seated half and all of the other great finds, Trapper! One of the treasure magazines should do a feature story on you or something!

White's TREASUREpro

Old 10-10-2018, 06:14 AM
Elite Member

congrats on an amazing find!

Old 10-10-2018, 08:06 AM
Supporter

Whoa! Now theres some old Dirt! Congratulations and Good on ya for helping the Land owner with the grass cutting...Evidently the vibrations from the mower deck made those coins sort of wiggle up and lay flat! Being a good guy goes a long way in this Sport!!

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Old 10-10-2018, 08:28 AM

Those are beauties Trapper. Congrats on those finds!

Old 10-10-2018, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by jack&jill View post
I had to settle with my third Seated for the day.
What!!!!!!

I'd be ecstatic with one seated.

Great finds.

Old 10-10-2018, 09:42 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View post
What ? No bust coins ? Only a seated half ? Sheesk, we're bored . (just kidding, nice half ! )
It's funny Tom, I just had two of the most rewarding days in this hobby and I still am left wanting. Odd things I think make us click, so now I will chase after a Shield Nickel as it has become my holy grail.
Originally Posted by Diggerjonny View post
congrats Trapper.those coins haunt my dreams. outstanding hunt.Happy Hunting.
Jon thank you. This year has been spectacular for me, first retirement and now in in this hobby. Just like childhood, free time and you get to play in the dirt.
Originally Posted by Waveoff View post

Congrats on that amazing seated half and all of the other great finds, Trapper! One of the treasure magazines should do a feature story on you or something!
Very kind words Fred, thank you. Knowing I was going to retire I started a list of places to hunt and when I was running errands I stopped and asked permissions on properties that had the possibility to hold Silver. I caught a couple breaks that led to more permissions and that's what got me to where I am at. Oh and the addition of the "Nox" helped. Not much of a story.
Originally Posted by rustyk1 View post
congrats on an amazing find!
Thank you Rusty. I have been truly blessed this last couple of days. Digging a Capped Bust Dime and now this Seated Half Dollar. I can't imagine it getting any better. Trapper

Old 10-10-2018, 11:22 AM
Supporter

WOW, you are on a roll Trapper. Congratulations !!! Did I mention WOW !!

2018 TOTALS 34 SILVERS, 13 IHP, 33 Wheats, 3 RINGS
CTX 3030, XP DEUS, AT Propointer

Old 10-10-2018, 11:26 AM
Explorer

Nice digs!

Old 10-10-2018, 11:36 AM

Trapper... That is nothing short of amazing. What a property ! What a story !

Have found Seated dimes and one Seated quarter, but never a Seated or Barber half. Wow... And Good for you !

By the way, Obverse=HEADS, Reverse=TAILS

Jim

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett Propointer II, Gray Ghost Headphones, Wilcox 102 digger
~ This message was composed entirely from recycled electrons ~

Old 10-10-2018, 11:48 AM
Elite Member

That is an unreal hunt

Get back there ASAP!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Instagram @diggingri

Old 10-10-2018, 11:51 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
Whoa! Now theres some old Dirt! Congratulations and Good on ya for helping the Land owner with the grass cutting...Evidently the vibrations from the mower deck made those coins sort of wiggle up and lay flat! Being a good guy goes a long way in this Sport!!
Thanks John. I don't know if it was being a good guy or the greed to get on the ground after Sunday's teaser. I know I am liking the result. I am planning a return trip if the ever rain stops.
Originally Posted by Gquinzi View post
Those are beauties Trapper. Congrats on those finds!
Thanks Gquizi. I have been very lucky these last hunts.
Originally Posted by waltr View post
What!!!!!!
I'd be ecstatic with one seated.
Great finds.
Appreciate the reply Walter. I don't dig Seated Coins often enough not to be ecstatic. Was just trying to be a bit witty with the settling statement. Truth is I'm thrilled anytime I dig any Silver.
Originally Posted by jerr-man View post
WOW, you are on a roll Trapper. Congratulations !!! Did I mention WOW !!
Thanks Jerry, if this a dream please don't wake me. Riding the high of these last two hunts has me still shaking in disbelief. The "Wow" is bouncing between my ears. Trapper

Old 10-10-2018, 12:37 PM
Supporter

Gotta be a gold coin waiting in there for you J&J!..Get out there and get it! Winter is Coming!.

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Old 10-10-2018, 01:11 PM

Now that’s some finds of a lifetime right there, BIG congrats to you!!!

Old 10-10-2018, 01:21 PM

Wow..two seated in one day..sweeeet

Old 10-10-2018, 01:23 PM

What!!!! 3 seated.. I didn't read it all before..remarkable day

Old 10-10-2018, 02:30 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Spartan84 View post
Nice digs!
Thank you Spartan, your reply is appreciated.
Originally Posted by jimther View post
Trapper... That is nothing short of amazing. What a property ! What a story !
Have found Seated dimes and one Seated quarter, but never a Seated or Barber half. Wow... And Good for you !
By the way, Obverse=HEADS, Reverse=TAILS
Jim
Thanks Jim not only for the kind words but to help educate this old guy. I have been blessed with digging two Seated Halves. My first is a 1876cc also in fantastic condition, it was dug 7 years ago but is still my most cherished memory in this hobby.
Originally Posted by Silver_Seeker View post
That is an unreal hunt
Get back there ASAP!
Thank you Brian. It is my intention to go back as soon as weather allows. And again after that.
Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
Gotta be a gold coin waiting in there for you J&J!..Get out there and get it! Winter is Coming!.
John, I don't know if there is a Gold Coin there but I aim try and find out. If that does not happen it is my plan to purchase one with my clad. Need to dig about $50 more for a $5 Half Eagle.

Old 10-10-2018, 02:30 PM

Default bad Arse half !

Bucket lister all day would of been stoked!