Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Deteknix
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Beach and Water Hunting

Notices

Old 10-06-2018, 10:23 PM

Default Took the New NOX800 for a silver swim for the first time

So yesterday I took the NOX for its maiden voyage into the drink. The water was murky and looked like coffee, definitely not the typical water color and clarity we see down here. The red tide is offshore but Iím sure this is the remaining effects. She did very well everywhere I took her, the dry, the wet and in the water. I ran Beach2 most of the time and had zero Issues. Iím really liking this thing.

Anyhow, I found a bunch of deep clad, a marijuana belly button ring and a little sterling silver ring. As said in my thread about hunting the old homesite, this machine is very impressive. Most of the targets were dug about chest deeep in the water with a few find coming from the wet and dry sand as well. Many of the targets in the water were very deep, if I were to estimate, I would say they were all well over 8 inches or deeper. It was a lot of digging, thatís for sure. I also stopped by an old vacant lot that I have had permission to hunt for years and ended up finding 3 more Wheaties but not a single silver coin. Enjoy!

Happy Hunting!!
Attached Images

Tools: Minelab Equinox 800 with 11ĒDD Smartcoil, White's MXT 300 with 950 Coil, Water logged Beachhunter ID with 12" Spider Coil, Profind 35 & Bullseye 2 Pinpointers óó2018 Clad Total: $871.73 Non-Numismatic finds: Various silver, gold and stainless rings, bracelets and earrings. 2018 Old coins: 2-Silver Rosieís and 15-Wheatieís, 15-40% Kennedyís

Old 10-07-2018, 07:48 AM
Elite Member

Looks like you are off to a good start.

Congrats on your detector purchase and thanks for sharing.

Old 10-07-2018, 10:28 AM
Elite Member

The Nox is doing a great job for you. Hope the red tide clears up for you folks on the west coast soon.

Old 10-07-2018, 10:34 AM
Supporter

Congrats on your NOX finds!

Oldest coin: 1760 Colonial Half Penny; Oldest US coin: 1796 Large Cent; Oldest US silver coin: 1861 Liberty Seat Dime; 2017 Y/E Clad: $616.38: 2018 Y/E: TBA

Coin record amounts found on one of various days: Quarters-113; Dimes-86; Nickels-53

Old 10-10-2018, 12:59 PM
Elite Member

Nice hunt.

How's the learning curve on the Nox?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Instagram @diggingri

Old 10-11-2018, 01:00 PM

So far it hasnít been a difficult transition to the NOX at all. Iím loving it!!

Tools: Minelab Equinox 800 with 11ĒDD Smartcoil, White's MXT 300 with 950 Coil, Water logged Beachhunter ID with 12" Spider Coil, Profind 35 & Bullseye 2 Pinpointers óó2018 Clad Total: $871.73 Non-Numismatic finds: Various silver, gold and stainless rings, bracelets and earrings. 2018 Old coins: 2-Silver Rosieís and 15-Wheatieís, 15-40% Kennedyís

Old 10-11-2018, 01:19 PM
Elite Member

Spent a week down in your area about 3 years ago. Winds were out of the WNW so the surf was far too rough to get in the water.

Had a gentleman approach me and tell me that a lady had lost her ring. I went to where there was a few people gathered and found out that she had lost an ear ring. I asked her what type of metal it was made from. She said it is silver and I lost it right here.

I almost had to move people out of the way to be able to detect. Hit a target and scooped a penny. I Took it out of the scoop and a guy grabbed it and put it in his pocket. Greedy Yankee.

I thoroughly covered the area where she was certain that she had lost the ear ring and then expanded my search area.

About 5-8 feet from where she was certain she had lost it I found the ear ring.

She said a half hearted thanks and turned and walked away.

I did find one badly encrusted sterling silver ring and some clad that week.

Old 10-11-2018, 01:20 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by gtodude View post
So far it hasnít been a difficult transition to the NOX at all. Iím loving it!!
It's one of the few products i've ever purchased that had so much hype from the market and didn't disappoint in the least.

Old 10-11-2018, 08:46 PM
Elite Member

glad you like it its a fun detector on the beach

best finds to date - 1821 capped bust dime ,1853 seated quarter, (2) 1891 seated dimes, 1874 seated dime, 1887 seated dime love token , 1777 half reale ,1805 drapped bust largie, 1914 barber half dollar,1812 classic head largie, 1864 2 cent piece,(1909 barber half dollar with a 1934 walker half dollar in the same hole together)1952 ben franklin half dollar

Old 10-12-2018, 11:12 AM

I love my lil NOX, itís lightweight, not too terribly complicated, versatile and a coin magnet. I havenít swung it more than 20 hours yet and Iím looking forward to the hundreds more! In fact as I type this, Iím stuck in Ny trying to get back home to FL to do some more digging. Hopefully the aviation Gods will help me in my quest to get home and the detecting gods will shine gold and silver in my scoop this weekend! Til then, here I sit reading everyone elseís posts while drooling incessantly in envy.

Old 10-12-2018, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by gtodude View post
I love my lil NOX, itís lightweight, not too terribly complicated, versatile and a coin magnet. I havenít swung it more than 20 hours yet and Iím looking forward to the hundreds more! In fact as I type this, Iím stuck in Ny trying to get back home to FL to do some more digging. Hopefully the aviation Gods will help me in my quest to get home and the detecting gods will shine gold and silver in my scoop this weekend! Til then, here I sit reading everyone elseís posts while drooling incessantly in envy.
I sure know how you feel about the Nox. Havenít had it submerged yet so I feel like dunkin it in the bath too see if it floats.