New Deus, Full Tones?

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
For those Deus users who are mainly looking for coins do you use full tones or another setting. I am transitioning from ATP and I ran Pro Zero wide open.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Full tones 100% since day 1 for me. Zero disc almost always too. Just like pro zero but more audio information and faster and much lighter

I like full tones 0 disc,,but I think I have found something even better,,at least for me.

Disc at 2.5 full tones using 9" coil= grand.

Any signal that gets through,,,study it,,if no grunt dig,,if smooth dig no matter how high or low it sounds,,if it seems smooth on the sides although broken dig.

In sites loaded with iron,,,the above in 18khz, using reactivity levels 2 and 3 works exceptionally well for me.

Using this 2.5 disc setting allows one to hone in on suspect targets,,,much easier than using 0 disc full tones.

I have actually went behind myself after hunting some sites hard with disc level 6 three tone,,then full tones 0 disc,,and then went in with 2.5 disc full tones,,and made many more finds-- surprising.

One must remember,,,Deus is a very good progressive hunting detector in and iron iron and nails--- due to its fine incremental disc setting, Gb settings...

That Deus should be better for your back! Let me know if you like it. It is the only detector I would give up my Etrac for.

Thanks Capt. Exactly why I bought it. I'm deteriorating quickly from lots of hard miles.

I like full tones 0 disc,,but I think I have found something even better,,at least for me.

Any signal that gets through,,,study it,,if no grunt dig,,if smooth dig no matter how high or low it sounds,,if it seems smooth on the sides although broken dig.

In sites loaded with iron,,,the above in 18khz, using reactivity levels 2 and 3 works exceptionally well for me.

Using this 2.5 disc setting allows one to hone in on suspect targets,,,much easier than using 0 disc full tones.

I have actually went behind myself after hunting some sites hard with disc level 6 three tone,,then full tones 0 disc,,and then went in with 2.5 disc full tones,,and made many more finds-- surprising.

One must remember,,,Deus is a very good progressive hunting detector in and iron iron and nails--- due to its fine incremental disc setting, Gb settings...

Thanks for the info. All my day one experimenting was full tones. I am planning on running 12 kHz where I hunt. Red clay and mineralization. Buddy with T2 does well and I think the T2 runs at 13khz.

TN, still testing programs and then trying to dissect them.

Any chance we can sweet talk you out of the full program or where you start with this?

TN, still testing programs and then trying to dissect them.

Any chance we can sweet talk you out of the full program or where you start with this?

Okay,,,settings used are dependent on site, and or targets interested in, and or ground minerals.

First and foremost folks need to be familiar with their menus settings on the Deus...Be able to rapidly make changes as need be while in the field.

Most settings are pretty easy,,,but applying notch at differ t places can be a bit tricky,,,so practice up by doing.

Next a person must realize how the different targets,,and different coins have different conducitivy,,,and this will carry over depending on what frequency is being used,,,and realize there is a normalize setting to make targets respond the same ID wise on the meter,,no matter which freq used. But I don't ever use normalize,,,and the reason is by doing,,,one cheats themselves for example on ID in bottle caps and other junk metal using 4khz,, comparing to meter readings with other freqs used.

I always run silencer at -1,, no exceptions.

Soil mineralization needs to be taken into account,,,higher than half of the mineral index scale filled--- reactivity 2 the lowest I run reactivity wise generally.

As far as hunting in heavy iron,,18khz is the best separator.

Now hunting sites,,with both modern trash like smaller can slaw and bits,,lower freqs like 8 kHz will help-- real small bits 4 and 8khz don't pick them up as much.

A person can apply notch,,,but in order to apply correctly a person needs a working knowledge of how differ t coin denominations come in ID wise.

I really don't have a program built into either of my Deus remotes....basically what I have built in is Deus fast,, iron vol off, sens 95, reactivity 2, silencer -1, tx power 2, full tones , disc 2.5.

I work off of this program making changes as I see fit based on what I first commented on above.

It doesn't take much time to shift on the fly,,exception applying notch using expert tab-- will take a little longer....

A few scenarios and what I likely to do settings wise.

Drop me off at old house-- a site I haven't hunted and know nothing about really.

Reactivity 2 silencer -1,tx power 2,, 3tones, higher tone coming in at 80

I would sweep around and see how target rich the site is,,,if I witnessed a lot of 30s,40s readings,,,I would go ahead and notch 00-50 and press on.
I would be first concentrating on the higher tone targets.

If I found any,,I would see how deep,,,if say 8" deep,,I would be tempted to lower my reactivity to 1,, slow the coil sweep a bit.
But if site seems to have a lot of nails,,I would probably stay at 2 longer.

As the hunt would progress,,depending on my success,,I might be tempted to go full tones,,with notch 00-50 still engaged,,18khZ, and hunt up closer to the house,,and may decide to raise reactivity to level 3.

Another scenario,,,house site that reportedly has been hard hunted,,even using Minelabs like etrac and CTX,,,first and foremost the best thing a person can do is try to capitalize on the Minelab's weakness,,,meaning find the most polluted part of the site iron and trash wise,,especially iron.
So full tones 0 disc,,will flush this out-- listening for machine gun fire to near machine gun fire,,,and again if numerous lower reading like 30s, 40s start showing up apply notch 00-50. And press on.

Remember though in a dig all scenario-- things like gold can in fact come in below 50-- just remember that.

A person hunting with Deus,,,if it is a site you are really only person hunting,,,I like to hunt the site in stages,,meaning use settings to flush out the easier targets,,then the not so easy,,,then the real difficult.

Above in this thread you will see my settings for digging all nonferrous in an old site.

Different folks I'm sure may have different methods,,,but in a nutshell this is what I generally do.

TN, this is awesome. A great explanation of what and why.

I'm getting better in understanding the parameters and how they affect detector behavior. But I'm trying to understand what to do when and why.

This helps!

Back
Top Bottom