Old park yields some unexpected finds

Schweddy

Elite Member
...And by unexpected, I mean ANY interesting finds. As with most of the parks here in Erie, Pa, I was told years ago by other detectors - don't even bother - they're all hunted out. After a couple years of proving them wrong and finding countless keepers(many of them silver), I'd started to concur with them. And after many hunts in the last couple years, I hadn't even found a single wheat penny in these parks.
But after rethinking my strategies, I decided to try a different angle. I ramped up the sensitivity, which is anthema to me - especially in a trashy park - and slowed my already geriatric sweep speed. The etrac was going nuts and there were tones flying all over the place. Honestly, it was painful. But occasionally I honed in on a target that was a tiny bit more repetitive than the usual iron falsing. I limited my digging to the deepest targets - regardless of the tones.
Here's what I found(excluding the many rusty nails). Nothing to write home about, but definitely better than the usual "nothing" that this particular park has produced in the last couple years.
Thanks for reading and good luck every one!!
One old crotal bell.
* more pics in next several posts...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 208
* two souvenirs from the 1933 Chicago worlds fair - a small tag and a pocket knife.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 199
# this ones really cool. A stone/clay door knob from Bennington. Some brass in the center.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 198
Lastly a heart breaker, but still silver..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 186
Very nice stuff!
in addition to changing your hunting style, I bet the high moisture in the ground this time of year helps too:yes:

Back
Top Bottom