Is there a cent trifecta ?

markinswpa

Forum Supporter
Yesterday I went back to the old1880s house. Took the stock coil off the AT Pro and put on Red Oktober, thats what I named my NEL Storm coil, convinced this thing could find a nuclear boomer. Its almost too much, hittin 5/16 washers at 8 or 9 ins. down. Anyway I'm hoping my first hit will be silver like the previous two Saturdays. Not to be, my first signal was a penny signal, pulled two out of the hole, as looked I saw a triangle punch out in the center of one,thought maybe a Chinese coin. They were pretty crusted up so I put them in the bag and moved on.Pulled some clad some wheaties, some memorials, a baby spoon, a couple of buckles, then towards the end of the day I get a 91-94 and I think this is it,my first big silver,about 6in. down I pull out a large crusty coin, not seeing silver I surmise its a large cent. After a little clean up I was correct. I can't get a date off it but I think it a 1843, It has large lettering on the backside. Soaking in olive oil now, hopefully will reveal more detail. This is my second large cent since I started this hobby last Aug. Also the 1905 IH cent that was with the RR token is only my third. Now would that be considered a slam, a large, an IH, a wheatie, and a memorial. LOL. Almost forgot about the the merc. Shortly before I hit the large cent I got a 81-83 about 5in. down, was down about 8 inches when I saw it sticking in the wall around 4inches. If anything, the pinpointing accuracy is a little off with the NEL Storm. All in all I had a great Saturday, Sunday not so much. Had my my sight set on an old barn down the road from the 1880s house, the guy turned me down, didn't have much of a plan b, was sure I would get to do the barn. I hit a little square and got a buck or so in clad. I think I hit the 1880s house pretty good, there is more property if I want to clear some brush but I'm behind on my own yardwork. Oh well sorry for the long rant. HH to all. Mark

Attachments

• 84.jpg
    84.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 85.jpg
    85.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 134
  • 86.jpg
    86.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 87.jpg
    87.jpg