Leave for Mexico tomorrow

K

kaintuckyman

First post on the new board. Had to get a slightly different new name. Just a quick post to say I'm heading to the Mayan coast on vacation tomorrow and taking my Exp2 for the beaches. There was some confusion on the old board as to if detecting was allowed in Mexico. I made 2 different calls to the tourism board and was told it was ok both times. Hopefully they were right and I'll have some finds to post next week. I'm a little concerened about flying with the detector but my airline said it was ok. I don't want to check a $1000.00+ detector so I'm carrying it on. I'll post with my whole story when I get back.

I hope you have a great trip to Mexico and make some great finds. Have fun and may the treasure god's be with you.

Good thinking on not checking the machine... I lost two that way in 89...

Before I flew down to Florida during the second week of December,I sent an email to the TSA requesting info on carrying my ACE250 on the jet. I even included pictures of the MD and the carry on bag.

Within 2 days I got a reply back from the TSA and they said that it should not be a problem since the MD wasn't on the list of prohibited items.
http://www.tsa.gov/public/display?theme=175

But they did that it was up to the discretion of the inspectors. So to play it safe, I broke down the ACE250 and packed it in my suitcase.

It will be interesting to here how the carry on goes. I will be doing so in the future and your info will be appreciated. Cladius.

Back
Top Bottom