Just saying hi

v0lt

Hello, I'm Harald. 40 years old and single dad of 2.
I'm from the Netherlands.

Been into detecting for a long time. But really active for 2 years now.
I've registered here because I'm curious about overseas findings. And I'm a big fan of Garrett. I myself use an AT Pro International.

I do realise your searching grounds aren't that old as over here. But still very interesting.

Don't expect me posting much, because my technical English isn't that good.

If ya got any questions just let me know.

I added some recent findings. From before Christ, till now.

Regards and happy hunting,
Harald.
0cfbde061abcfb5eda6846c64b9e8052.jpg
d5f8e1623ebd42daad86051669885f96.jpg
d1405c6f1f9b29036ac35f0803f5f759.jpg

Great Introduction Harald! I have so many questions! What is that Blue stone? Do not worry about your English, we will understand in the language of Detectorists! Welcome to the Forum!

Thanks. Apriciated. Feel free to ask.

The "blue stone" is a Roman melon bead.

It was an eyefind while detecting the banks of a big Dutch river.

See pics.tapatalk_1511174950902.jpgtapatalk_1511174936318.jpeg

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

Thanks for sharing such interesting finds, that glowing blue object, was that under UV light ?

Your english is just fine too !

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

Thanks for sharing such interesting finds, that glowing blue object, was that under UV light ?

Your english is just fine too !
No sir.

It's just a mini led flashlight I've borrowed from my kids.

The blue you see comes from the glass.
Pretty amazing if you know the process of making glass. And this is made first or second century after Christ.

I'm in love with that colour. I'm a true detecorist, but since I've found this I pay a lot more attention to my surroundings. It was just there, between the rocks and wet gravel.

These are KILLER finds!!! Welcome to the site, i really do hope you post your finds! Some of my favorites to see are from overseas!

No sir.

It's just a mini led flashlight I've borrowed from my kids.

The blue you see comes from the glass.
Pretty amazing if you know the process of making glass. And this is made first or second century after Christ.

I'm in love with that colour. I'm a true detecorist, but since I've found this I pay a lot more attention to my surroundings. It was just there, between the rocks and wet gravel.

Definitely a neat color, especially as old as it is !

I have learned to be much more observant, never know what you might find.

There's a member on this forum that does glasswork, he would likely appreciate seeing that photo whenever he gets on the forum again, a while back he offered a glass vase he made himself as a prize in a contest, you can see a picture of it on these links, the second link is after the winner received it and put it on display in his house.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showpost.php?p=2838838&postcount=1

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showpost.php?p=2841545&postcount=73

Thanks guys. Appreciated it.

And that vase looks very cool.

Well, welcome to the forum. This is where we all help each other and have fun, You are very lucky to be able to hunt for things that old. If we find a 100 year old coin, we are jumping up and down. We all love your pictures.
Do your boys metal detect with you?
Hope to see you around on here more often.
Do not worry about broken ENglIsh. We all understand tector talk. :laughing:

Again welcome from Indiana and getting ready to go back to the Philippines for the winter.

KEN :D

Thanks.

Sometimes my kids come along. But the youngest loves his Xbox way more.

My oldest is more into it. I bought an ACE250 with pouch shovel and everything in it.

We got a big Dutch Holliday commin up 5 December. (Something like xmas) can't wait to see his face.

Kind regards.
Harald.

awesome introduction. Great pictures. We are envious of the age/history of your area. Welcome !

Back
Top Bottom