historic aerials and old maps

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
I was using historic aerials the other day on a specific area I am interested in hunting.

On the left side I selected at the top - map to see a current modern map of streets. I was using the dissolve slider.

on the right side i selected the oldest top map presented which was 1957.

I saw 3 old home sites on the 1957 topo map.

but as I was dragging the map around or something like that up popped the option to see a 1938 topo map on the right list of topo maps. clicked on that and the 1938 map was presented in the viewer and showed 2 more old homes and one unoccupied structure for a total five old homes.

Of course I am interested in the 2 older homes on the 1938 topo map that were about 2,000 feet west of the 3 homes on the 1957 map.

but then for some reason I moved the map in viewer and the 1938 map disappeared and I cannot get it back! Nor can i get it in the left hand year side as a 1938 map. all that is displayed now is the 1957 map.

does anyone know what combination of selections or map movements can change to older maps in the right hand side topo section and make them available for viewing? I am using the free version of historic aerials.

thanks for any help on this question

Easiest thing to try would be another browser. So Chrome instead of Internet Explorer, Or Firefox instead of Safari, etc. Perhaps you made some change on that website that you are not aware of. You could try an incognito or in in private browsing tab to see if that clears your issue up..

Back
Top Bottom