Age of forum members

When I was a kid my folks used to say I was 16 going on 30. Now I feel like I'm 60 going on 30. Only problem is I can't remember exactly how 30 felt! Anyway here's my philosophy on old age... Don't slow down and maybe it won't be able to catch you! I'm 56 and counting...

physically I'm 40 years old.

Mentally, well........ I farted in my 10 year olds face the other day and he told me to grow up........ so...... maybe 5? :laughing: although my 3 year old son.. DID tell me to do it...so....

physically I'm 40 years old.

Mentally, well........ I farted in my 10 year olds face the other day and he told me to grow up........ so...... maybe 5? :laughing: although my 3 year old son.. DID tell me to do it...so....

That is too funny.

I'm in your camp.

36 going on 8 :laughing:

LOL didn't realize this thread was from 2013

Some quotes on getting older

Age is but a simple number. Here are some things that have been said by others
about growing old. :yes:

"Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional."
― Chili Davis

“It is not true that people stop pursuing dreams because they grow old, they grow old because they stop pursuing dreams.”
― Gabriel Garcí!a Márquez

“A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman's birthday but never remembers her age.”
― Robert Frost

“An archaeologist is the best husband a woman can have. The older she gets, the more interested he is in her.”
― Agatha Christie

“The more sand that has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.”
― Jean-Paul Sartre

“Just 'cause there's snow on the roof doesn't mean there's not a fire inside.”
― Bonnie Hunt

“A twenty-three-year-long study in Ohio determined that people who saw growing older as something positive lived a whopping seven and a half years longer than those who didn’t.”
― Victoria Moran, Younger by the Day: 365 Ways to Rejuvenate Your Body and Revitalize Your Spirit

“Old is old at any age. Old is when you quit asking questions about this, that, and everything. Old is when you forget how to love-or worse, don't care. Old is when you don't want to dance anymore. Old is when you don't want to learn anything new except how to be old. Old is when people tell you that you are old-and you believe them.”
― Carew Papritz, The Legacy Letters: His Wife, His Children, His Final Gift

when I am detecting I feel

When I am detecting I feel like I am 21. All other days I am 52

Age is but a simple number. Here are some things that have been said by others
about growing old. :yes:

"Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional."
― Chili Davis

“It is not true that people stop pursuing dreams because they grow old, they grow old because they stop pursuing dreams.”
― Gabriel Garcí!a Márquez

“A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman's birthday but never remembers her age.”
― Robert Frost

“An archaeologist is the best husband a woman can have. The older she gets, the more interested he is in her.”
― Agatha Christie

“The more sand that has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.”
― Jean-Paul Sartre

“Just 'cause there's snow on the roof doesn't mean there's not a fire inside.”
― Bonnie Hunt

“A twenty-three-year-long study in Ohio determined that people who saw growing older as something positive lived a whopping seven and a half years longer than those who didn’t.”
― Victoria Moran, Younger by the Day: 365 Ways to Rejuvenate Your Body and Revitalize Your Spirit

“Old is old at any age. Old is when you quit asking questions about this, that, and everything. Old is when you forget how to love-or worse, don't care. Old is when you don't want to dance anymore. Old is when you don't want to learn anything new except how to be old. Old is when people tell you that you are old-and you believe them.”
― Carew Papritz, The Legacy Letters: His Wife, His Children, His Final Gift

Well Even though "I" don't like to dance , that's a good post.
I have at LEAST 10 years left in the MD department, and maybe a lot more than that, my dad is 82, and still pretty swift active, etc..

I hate to think of the end, but I guess honesty should creep in somewhere.

Good thread. Hope I make it a few more years.

Back
Top Bottom